Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac’s editor integrates git-like version control, task-based workflows, and lightning-fast collaboration to enable professionals to work like the world’s fastest developers.
Almanac is used by the world’s leading remote-first companies like Remote, Levels, and Tandem, and is growing rapidly in verticals from professional services and law firms to academia and the Fortune 5000. Our open source docs community, the Almanac Core, has 5000 templates from 1000+ contributors used by 100K users per month.
As we open our product up to millions of users, we’re hiring a Product Manager for our Growth team, to translate customer feedback and requests into a writing and creating surface that make users want to spend their days in Almanac.
About the role
As a Sr. Product Manager, Growth you will help devise the strategy, conduct user research and analysis, develop product requirements, and oversee execution for the differentiating features that make our customers love Almanac.
You’ll be accountable for making Almanac the preferred generational alternative to Microsoft Word and Google Docs through adding exciting new features, maintaining fast performance, and ensuring broad experiential excellence.
On a day to day basis, you’ll spend your time split between external meetings with customers and internal discussions with your engineering, marketing, analytics, and growth counterparts. This role will provide the opportunity to codevelop the strategy for the essence of what Almanac is with its CEO and management team.
We’re looking for fast-moving, high-ownership, detail-oriented product thinkers who can develop and deliver a compelling vision for what Almanac can be.
Specifically, you will:
- Own key engagement, retention, NPS, and performance metrics
- Distill customer insights and needs from conducting research, gathering feedback, and analyzing data into product recommendations and roadmaps
- Lead product work around improving Almanac’s editing features
- Collaborate with Almanac’s leadership team to recommend new product features
- Refine product-led growth loops around customer account growth
Experiences that will make you stand out
- 5+ years experience in a PM role, managing products from customer research through delivery and iteration
- A proven track record of shipping products with amazing user experiences to users at scale
- Coordination with many cross-functional stakeholders to lead a process
- Experience conducting user research and synthesizing insights into actionable recommendations
- You’ve cleaned, analyzed, and presented large data sets that led to exec-level insights
- Bonus: tenure at a productivity or collaboration startup, or an MBA
- Bonus: time spent building a document editor or creative / collaborative surface
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- Technically-adept systems thinking: you love analyzing how parts fit together and how they can work even better
- Experiential touch: Strong intuition around what’s best for the user down to the last detail
- High bandwidth: you can juggle many priorities at once and move faster than anyone expects you to
- A deep comfort and love of data: you often turn to numbers to make decisions
- A bias towards action: an inclination to quick tests and incremental results
- Leadership through influence: A collaborative, low-ego approach that allows you to thrive through mutual respect, shared goals, and equitable debates
- Extremely strong writing: you can make complex concepts clear and compel people to action through empathetic, actionable prose
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with a PM peer
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here’s our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.