We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States and Canada.
An experienced Product Manager to join our team and champion developers using Shogun Frontend, the end-to-end headless commerce platform. You will lead and prioritize for the Developer Experience team, building out a best-in-class product for agency developers and in-house developers. Developers are the technical decision makers for the massive shift towards headless builds, and we need to ensure that they’re able to successfully launch stores with Frontend at scale.
We’re looking for individuals with a track record of driving and launching transformative products and rallying the business – from frontline to execs – to deliver impact for customers and ultimately results. In this role, you will help lay the foundation for the Shogun Product team and need to be an expert at driving clarity in a fast-moving environment.
We are looking for PMs that naturally identify customer pain points, champion them with qualitative and quantitative data, and drive solutions that account not only for the technical teams but also GTM. You will work closely with our VP of Product and Engineering and Design leads on conceptualizing and building the best front end products for merchants of all sizes.
In This Role You Will…
- Reflect the voice of the customer to all stakeholders across the business by acquiring customer empathy through direct and indirect customer research
- Manage the roadmap—recognize and ruthlessly prioritize potential projects from various inputs so the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Drive accountability for results through quantitative and qualitative success metrics
- Deliver world-class software—maintain the quality of the product that your team is responsible for
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- Ultimately, deliver products that Shogun clients love
Skills You Have
- A baseline of 5+ years of experience in a Product Manager role
- Design thinking comes to you naturally – a natural desire to work backwards from the customer problem and constantly check assumptions
- Proven experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- Conducted user research, a/b tests and partnered with data analysts and design researchers to draw conclusions
- A deep empathy for developers and the problems that they face building webpages and storefronts
- Familiarity with fundamental web technologies including but not limited to JAMstack, Progressive Web Applications, and Content Management Systems – bonus points for articulating “Headless”
Traits You Demonstrate
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial personality with the ability to get stuff done while maintaining attention to detail
- Desire to meet people where they are with information and context in order to bring the whole team along on the journey
- Passion for solving customer problems, big and small, and the ability to leave your ego at the door with better information
- The ability to rally people and the organization around major initiatives. We love to see people that drive change through peers!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.