MO helps government leaders achieve their mission by designing intuitive and sustainable customer experiences that build trust and improve satisfaction. We use human-centered design to modernize and transform customer and employee experiences. We’re a small team of interdisciplinary creatives with mission, impact, and service to others deeply rooted in our DNA. We’re naive enough to believe we can change the world and bold enough to take the chance to do it.
We combine design thinking with agile delivery methods to drive visionary, human-centered products to market. Our custom solutions range in size from completely revamping an entire application to refreshing small pieces of a larger product. Everyone at MO directly impacts the direction and success of the company, and we own our roles. We value integrity, curiosity, and courage, and we operate collaboratively and with accountability while consistently challenging each other in the pursuit of excellence. At MO, we delight in creating one-of-a-kind products and experiences. Your imagination is the only limit on what you can do here!
Are you looking to make an impact? We are looking for a Sr Product Manager / Product Lead to lead client delivery for a specified contract/program. You are an experienced product professional, with strong product sense, technical expertise, and client management skills, who can be tasked with achieving key outcomes and effectively interfacing with clients, partners, team members, and other key stakeholders. As MO looks to expand its presence at VA, this person may be expected to develop deep domain experience and or support the incoming Head of Product and Delivery in developing processes that support business operations and growth. As such, the ideal candidate will have the potential to grow into broader/more strategic roles, including the potential to coach/lead other PMs engaged in client work at VA.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the long-term strategy and success of one or more products and teams they support and how teams and clients go about achieving that shared product direction and strategy.
- You will collaborate with clients to develop longer term strategies that focus on the highest value outcomes for the program, given goals, needs, and constraints.
- You will be responsible for shaping the longer term product vision and strategy, managing and directing multi-disciplinary product teams to deliver iteratively and incrementally against prioritized roadmap, and coaching and leading other PMs.
- You will lead client delivery for a specified contract/program focused on one or more products to deliver / achieve key outcomes and effectively interfacing with clients, partners, team members, and other key stakeholders.
- You will coach clients and teams on MO product approach and best practices based on unique expertise.
- You will lead workshops and trainings across multiple teams on a program to guide product, client, and program success towards long-term direction.
- You will serve as point of continuity between other cross-functional product teams and program leaders on a contract.
- Over time you will develop deep domain experience at VA and to support the incoming Head of Product and Delivery in developing processes that support business operations and growth.
- Over time you will grow into broader / more strategic roles, including the potential to coach/lead other PMs engaged in client work at VA.
What We’re Looking For
- An experienced product professional that has led product delivery for one or more digital products at scale.
- An experienced product professional with a strong product sense, consulting mindset, technical expertise, and client management skills.
- An experienced product professional that has led delivery from inception to delivery, either at the product or feature level – strong preference.
- Consulting or digital agency background, and or has deep experience co-designing solutions with clients and external stakeholders.
- Strong communicator and effective facilitator – understands how to communicate complexity for a variety of audiences; effectively builds consensus and guides decision-making in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Strong understanding of modern product development practices and cross functional workflows.
- Extensive knowledge of agile frameworks: Scrum/Kanban/SAFe.
- Demonstrated experience applying lean product thinking: rapid prototyping, MVPs.
- Experience working within cross-functional (e.g, multidisciplinary) teams and enabling related workflows, including design thinking, HCD, and DevSecOps.
- Has led other PMs before (and or demonstrates the potential to help build out larger product teams) – Nice to have.
- Has domain experience relevant to opportunity at VA (digital identity verification/management, VA benefits) – Nice to have.
- Prior experience as a service designer and or leading strategic design projects – Nice to have.
MO’s Employee Value Proposition
- A fun, dynamic working environment with an energetic and diverse team
- A REMOTE first work environment
- An inclusive culture where everyone is welcome
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for career growth
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability in addition to Life Insurance (company sponsored)
All MO leaders are expected to lead with humility, embody our core values in their leadership, and to hold their team accountable to the same. MO leaders are expected to ensure we are always growing by tackling hard problems, being strategic, and learning from others.
The starting pay range for this role is $151,158 – $183,885. In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, MO’s job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we’ve outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors, including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility.
MO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we still want to hear from you.
This job posting will remain open until Friday, November 18th or until filled.