Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst to be the newest member of our Revenue team in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company.
You will join a team in transition and growth. Elastic is growing like a rocket ship and our revenue team is challenged to scale and ensure the integrity of our revenue accounting. You will be a part of the implementation of a revenue automation system so this is an exceptional time to apply what you’ve learned and help define the foundational workflows of revenue accounting. You will account for deals sold under ASC 606 and IFRS 15 and help train new teammates as the Revenue team continues to grow.
As a highly collaborative company, you will collaborate with many groups including Sales, Sales Operations, Order Operations, Pricing, Legal, FP&A, Internal, and external Auditors.
This is Distributed role and reports to the Director of Revenue Accounting.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensuring the accurate reporting of revenue in the company’s accounting system, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations and performing internal controls
- Maintaining revenue cutoff procedures at quarter end to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period
- Analyzing and updating quarterly SSP analysis
- Handling day-to-day, month-end, quarter-end close activities (revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis, and reporting)
- Assisting with internal controls, continuous improvement of revenue processes, and researching and documenting accounting positions for complex transactions
- Review customer contracts to ensure compliance with US GAAP and Elastic accounting policies
- Prepare documentation and analyses related to selected customer contracts during the quarter
- Analyze and understand various product/service offerings and related revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Be a key contributor to the month-end revenue close by validating accounting for revenue under ASC 606, reviewing revenue account reconciliations, conducting fluctuation analyses and reporting disclosures
- Research, draft, and/or maintain revenue accounting memos including write-ups on large and complex deals, and for non-standard revenue transactions
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for the Order to Cash cycle
- Support ad hoc projects, including systems implementation, and process improvements related to revenue processes
What You Bring Along:
- You aren’t afraid to take initiative, voice your ideas, and help us get the information and results we need
- You have prior experience in software revenue accounting in US GAAP (mandatory), with ASC 606 a plus
- You’ve worked with revenue automation software before and understand the basic workflows through a system
- Big 4 public accounting firm background a plus
- Strong knowledge of software and SaaS revenue guidance in US GAAP, with ASC 606 & IFRS 15 a plus
- Enjoy building policies and processes and making improvements
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and provide your perspective
- Ability to work both independently and as a trusted teammate in a dynamic environment
- Netsuite, RevPro, DocuSign and Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-growing technology company
- Minimum of 3-5 years revenue accounting experience
- Proven written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong Excel and PC skills
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong reconciliation skills
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.