**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
Jama Software is seeking a Senior Revenue and Commissions Accountant to join our accounting team. This individual will own revenue recognition, commission calculations, and royalty reporting and calculations. Through collaboration with our sales, legal, licensing, and professional services teams, this role will develop processes to improve reporting and reduce revenue management cycle time, identify and implement system and process improvements to drive better controls and assure the responsible recording of revenue and commissions.
In this role, you will:
- Lead overall revenue recognition cycle, from start to finish, ensuring adherence to company revenue recognition policies and GAAP.
- Draft comprehensive policies to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and changes in operational policies that impact revenue
- Review customer arrangements for accurate revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards as well as document accounting policy on revenue treatment for large transactions, clearly and concisely
- Work with Assistant Controller and external Auditors on acceptance of revenue positions
- Calculate and processes sales commissions, including reconciliations and adjustments.
- Lead monthly closing of all revenue related accounts, including deferred revenue, unbilled receivables, contract costs, and royalty and commissions accruals
- Provide revenue recognition training and policy updates to sales, sales operations, legal, product marketing, etc.
- Research accounting mentorship as necessary to assist Assistant Controller with questions from sales, professional services and legal teams
- Provide detailed reporting and analysis, including the preparation of revenue-related support schedules for annual financial statements
- Prepare monthly revenue forecasts
- Assist accounts receivable and work with sales and customers to facilitate their timely collection and minimize invoice to cash cycle time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MBA a plus
- At least 2 – 3 years of relevant revenue recognition experience within the software/high tech industries (public accounting or industry)
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles, including ASC 606
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.)
- Experience using Sage Intacct ERP, and Salesforce.com a plus
- Demonstrated ability to research complex accounting topics and interpret the applicable accounting pronouncements and literature
- Ability to optimally express, through writing and speech, ideas and information using language that is appropriate to both the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal customers, business leaders and peers.
- Ability to work under broad supervision and exercise frequent independent judgment with very low error rates
- Team-player, self-motivated, and adaptable
- Organized with good time management skills
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Results-oriented and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.