RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. We offer both an enterprise and open-source data science platform, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. We are looking to hire a talented Sr. RevOps Manager.
In this role, you will implement and scale the Revenue Operations strategy in our fast-growing open source and enterprise data science company. You will lead the strategy and execution initiatives across our go-to-market tech stack to ensure RStudio delivers a fantastic experience to our customers, prospects, and open source community. You are an influential player-coach and work closely with leaders and team members to support the efficiency, velocity, and productivity of revenue-generating functions at scale, through the development and optimization of relevant policy, processes, systems, support, and data to help maximize the impact RStudio can have on the world.
How you’ll make an impact
- Deliver visibility across the entire revenue team, improve efficiency across the revenue process, drive revenue predictability, and achieve revenue growth.
- Lead critical projects ranging from enhanced policy improvements, process optimization, customer data strategy and alignment, technology development and systems integrations across the entire customer journey (Sales, Marketing, Service and Product).
- Design and lead execution of initiatives on the Revenue Operations roadmap in support of optimizing and automating business operations for efficiency, productivity and scale.
- Create steward, and drive enablement programs. Understand connections between stakeholder strategy, initiatives, needs, and prioritize globally to maximize the value that Revenue Operations adds to RStudio.
- Connect the Revenue Operations roadmap to company strategy and effectively communicate to stakeholders with maximum clarity around requirements, impact, risks, and progress of initiatives.
- Support annual planning cycles including customer segmentation analysis, Support, Product Development, Sales and Customer Success coverage model, quota-setting, incentive plan design, territory design, and cascading our financial plan to international markets.
- Drive continuous improvement through standard operating cadences including weekly forecast and metric reviews in addition to monthly and quarterly go-to-market business reviews.
- Perform strategic product, market, and customer analyses to identify new growth drivers or opportunities for improvement.
- Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance indicators across a range of segments, geographies, and go-to-market teams.
- Deeply assess our entire customer acquisition process and customer journey to identify, champion, and drive the cross-functional execution of optimizations that will drive greater leverage and scale in the business.
- Serve as a “growth hacker”, helping to determine the strategy and execute programs to drive a world-class customer experience and associated revenue growth, increasing our revenue per Sales / Customer Success rep.
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the Marketing and Revenue Operations teams and lead best practices across departments.
- Customize, Streamline, Manage and build upon current Tech Stack – Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, Clearbit X, Segment, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, advanced analytics (RStudio Team), digital properties (website/s) and more.
What you bring to the table
- Has a “CEO” mindset and thinks about the health of the organization as a whole, not in silo.
- Ideal candidate has successful background in Marketing/ Sales Operations, Growth, Demand Gen or RevOps with 7 + years of experience, with a proven history of successfully driving multiple, results- driven and complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment.
- Proficient in maintaining enterprise SaaS tools for automation and scale across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Support and Analytics/Forecasting (e.g. Marketo, Segment, Mutiny, Salesforce, Outreach, Zapier, Zendesk etc.)
- Act as a highly effective project manager with ability to influence multiple levels of stakeholders, optimize processes, and execute key initiatives cross-departmentally to improve business outcomes
- Data-Driven: Work with data scientists to own accuracy of data through data audits, data cleansing and aggregation to identify meaningful opportunities, variances and key indicators to provide best in class customer experiences and to drive revenue across new business and expansions.
- Customer-Centric: Monitor end-to-end customer journey with empathy and EQ to continuously identify opportunities to remove friction and enhance the customer experience across digital, product, training, support, community, social and events.
- Deep understanding of software development and system integration processes and methodologies. Understand the big picture (market, customers, company) but also the details to successfully scale.
- Experimental, yet intentional: You enjoy thinking out of the box about how to build partnerships, target and amplify the voice of supporters and create content that engages and inspires people to join our movement.
- Ability to clearly communicate informed, data-driven recommendations and drive discussions for effective decision-making around strategy, priority, and tradeoffs.
- Empathy for internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and an ability to translate those needs into concrete requirements
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.