Tackle.io enables enterprise software companies to accelerate the use of Cloud Marketplaces like AWS, Azure and Google. Our vision is to transform the way software is bought and sold with a laser focus on helping customers build and drive significant channels of revenue through the Cloud Marketplaces.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
As a Senior Salesforce Engineer at Tackle, you will be a part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure and Red Hat). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft solid and reliable software at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
We are in the early days of establishing a new modality of cloud marketplace selling via the Tackle Salesforce AppExchange experience. We’ve barely scratched the surface of building a world class native, Salesforce experience. You will have the opportunity to interface with a number of teams across our Platform, Co-Sell, Channel and Marketplace Selling development teams. Expect to grow and evolve as an engineer by building and executing on a detailed growth plan tailored to your interests and aspirations.
In This Role You Will:
- Take a pragmatic technical leadership role within an autonomous team of 3-5 engineers, a dedicated Product Manager and UX support to build, enhance and maintain existing areas of the Tackle platform.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Write code that is focused on scalability, security, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Own your code start to finish, take pride in what you build.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Drive the direction of our apprenticeship program for mentoring new team members and less experienced team members.
- Be curious – strive to understand how your contributions tie into the larger picture of your team, your product and Tackle as a whole.
- Welcome different perspectives – be open and inclusive in every interaction.
You Should Have:
- 4+ years of professional experience building modern, scalable and high-performing Salesforce applications using Aura, Lightning, Visualforce and Apex.
- Deep understanding and practical experience working with Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL)
- Experience supporting an SFDC AppExchange application through the Salesforce certification process.
- Deep understanding and implementation experience with frontend testing frameworks, open source packages and tooling.
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions.
- Are self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
You Will Stand Out:
- Professional working experience building and deploying SFDC AppExchange applications.
- Obtained one or more Salesforce certifications in development, architecture and/or design.
- Strong experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Extensive experience with the Apex Testing Framework and Lightning Testing Service
- Have a desire to take a leadership role in our Architecture, Frontend and/or Testing guilds because you have an eye for quality, design principles and other ilities (Scalability, Usability, Testability, Securability, Flexibility)
- Continual use with react-query, CSS in JS, Storybook, React Testing Library or Webpack
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, Cypress.
- Deployed and released code with CI/CD using CircleCI.
- Familiarity building UI components collaboratively with UX teammates practicing atomic design principles.
- Previously worked in a remote-first company.
Great engineers can do great things, and that is far more important to us than technical specialties or degrees. Do you bring something special to the table that others don’t? Even if you aren’t a perfect match to our job description: apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you! We are always looking for people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives because they make us better, stronger and healthier as a company and a community.
Start with the customer – We succeed when our customers succeed. That’s why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment – We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what’s possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team – We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness – We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together – We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
· Phone screen
· 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
Benefits of joining the Tackle Team:
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing benefits:
· Work remotely
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Company off-site Summits
· Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
· Internet and Phone Reimbursement
· $1000 Home ergo/office set up
· Generous Vacation Plan
· 401k with match
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company Surprises and Swag
· Awesome Co-workers
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.