Moz is looking for a senior software developer to join the Application Development team, responsible for developing customer facing applications.
The team represents Moz’s ability to deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers will be able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz’s core data offerings.
Application Development is a group of distributed teams with members in Seattle and distributed across North American time zones. We usually work remotely and in the Moz offices, with regular travel (a few times per year) to get the whole team together. We are an office optional company and this position is open to anyone working remotely within the USA or Canada.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with Product Managers and User Experience Designers to deliver and iterate on new features for customers.
- Promote engineering best practices and standards by providing leadership and mentorship to peers
Experience We Want to See:
- Experience working as a software developer, including in a senior or lead capacity.
- Experience working on multiple teams or at multiple companies.
- Experience delivering products or services using web technologies
- Experience managing projects, including responsibility for technical decisions, scoping work, enabling other developers on the project, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Great problem solving skills
- Understanding and support for pragmatic, agile software development practices
- Excellent accountability
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with SaaS products, especially mature products that have sustained growth over time
- Knowledge of search and SEO
What You’ll Work With
- Messaging systems (e.g., SQS, NSQ)
- Databases (Auroa, RDS)
- Lots of other interesting tools
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.