We build Boundary, a secure access management solution built for cloud-native environments. Boundary allows organizations of all sizes the ability to access infrastructure and applications with fine grained security controls and auditing. Boundary is a young product in the HashiCorp Security line, and we’re looking for great engineers with curiosity about security and cloud automation to come join our growing team.
About the Role
You will help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the scalability and stability of Boundary. Being a young project, Boundary’s development area is broad and deep. We’re working to develop everything from a plugin system to allow seamless community contributions and extensions of Boundary’s core features, to the implementation of cryptographic sub-systems that will allow secure recording and playback of sessions taking place over many different types of network protocols.
- Design, build and apply testing frameworks to power automation tests that verify the cloud product and also support test automation for new and existing features of the Boundary product.
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to develop technical and domain expertise, and apply it to tackle testing challenges across the Boundary teams.
- Help quantify quality improvements in the delivered software
- Embrace, improve, and advocate for our vision for the quality of our products
- Work with the engineering and support teams to reproduce complex scenarios reported by customers, and enable engineers to write regression tests to fix and prevent them
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if some of the following apply:
- Golang programming experience and strong in object-oriented design and coding skills
- You have knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated tests and frameworks using open source tools and technologies.
- Managing test infrastructure and strategy.
- You have experience using Vault or Boundary
- Ability to effectively articulate technical limitations and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience building test infrastructure, testing tools, and robust automation
- Experience designing, testing, delivering, and monitoring scalable/high-availability software in a cloud computing environment
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- QE Functional Loop
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
We do our best to accommodate your programming language of choice for technical interviews.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha