At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
Why work at HashiCorp?
At HashiCorp, we have a set of principles that give us a shared understanding, so we can act collectively and in a consistent manner. Our core principle is one of integrity. Integrity builds trust, upon which the strongest relationships are built. When we trust others, we are more willing to be open and engage. We must foster relationships internally to create a friendly, productive, and positive environment and externally with our users, partners, and customers to drive the adoption of our tools and products.
We also value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community and our enterprise-level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Some reasons our team has said they love working at HashiCorp:
- The remote-first culture gives me a lot of flexibility to balance work with other personal and family commitments.
- I’m able to adapt my schedule to fit in the things I’ve not been able to at previous jobs, without the expectation of also being always online.
- Everyone has been encouraging of having clear boundaries between work and non-work time.
What would you be working on?
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open-source platform that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the command line. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Integrations enable customers to use their existing platform within a Terraform Run, and leverage Terraform to manage resources exposed by their platform APIs. These integrations provide the interface and interactions between Terraform and the APIs that interact with infrastructure. Terraform Integrations are responsible for understanding APIs and exposing resources for use with Terraform.
In this role you can expect to:
- Be responsible for the stewardship of targeted strategic integrations by supporting the internal, community, and partner contributors with guidance, supportive and constructive code reviews, documentation improvements, mentorship, tooling, and changes required to make our users successful
- Build, iterate on, and ship features to make working with Terraform a phenomenal experience for HashiCorp customers and users
- Contribute to various parts of our product, which consists of a Ruby on Rails backend, an Ember.js frontend, and distributed Go services
- Work on issues and improvements in strategic Terraform integrations critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Contribute to our growing open source community
- Advocate for and make improvements to Terraform Cloud, Terraform Core, and the Terraform plugin SDK
You should apply to join the team if you:
- You have experience running, testing, and contributing to one (or more) of the following:a backend application (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js), a frontend application (e.g., Ember.js, React), distributed services (e.g., Go, Java)
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You are familiar with Terraform
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You are familiar with distributed systems concepts
- You have experience in education, customer support, or OSS community support applicable to the Terraform community
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and tools (infrastructure as code, software-defined networking, virtualization, and the tools used to operate and maintain related systems)
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.