Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
To support our endeavors, we’re looking for exceptional technical program management talent to add to our Unified Basemap team that is focused on growing, driving and executing quality processes for software and data products that support next generation maps for autonomous vehicles. As a Sr TPM you will work on the most exciting and challenging mapping products around. We are looking for someone who loves diving deep into complex technical projects and creating order. You will get the opportunity to help define how we effectively work together to deliver on complex, cross-team projects and be part of a great team working to create Autonomous Driving maps for the world.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- Work in ambiguous circumstances and take large, complex projects from conception to individual manageable pieces which can be tracked and delivered on
- Work with our technical managers and product team to build efficient processes that help achieve our objectives
- Analyze, plan and develop templates and standards in reference to planning documents
- Ensure team members are actively working toward established milestones and metrics.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required):
- You have 5+ years of experience in technical leadership positions and possess the ability to predict challenges and proactively head-off obstacles.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of agile processes, strategies and methods.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills along with experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – including the development/delivery of executive presentations..
- You have worked with multiple stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment.
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have experience working in multiple time zones with multiple teams
- You have experienced building and delivering global scale mapping products.
- You have successfully managed multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience with mapping, spatial data or associated toolsets
Benefits & Perks
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Attractive cash compensation package
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to insure an interview.
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle, and San Francisco areas are strongly preferred.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.