Moz is looking for a Sr. UX Researcher to join our user experience team. Our UX team is responsible for taking sophisticated marketing analytics tools and making them both intuitive enough for small business owners, and capable enough for marketing professionals. In this role you will be our first ever dedicated UX researcher. This means you will need to work across the organization to not just execute UX research programs, but also to advocate and evangelize the role of UX research. You will also work closely with the UX team to develop research best practices, and provide mentorship on quantitative and qualitative methodologies and how to effectively employ them. You will be an advocate for our users, and work across teams to pitch new ideas on how to turn complex problems into engaging experiences which solve difficult problems.
This position can be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices. We’re also open to having folks work fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada.
What’s Important to Us:
- High technical quality. We pride ourselves on creating marketing analytics tools that are easy enough for a small business owner to use but powerful enough to meet the needs of professional marketers.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always seeking opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem-solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. It’s our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You Will Do:
- Establish best practices in the area of user research, and create an effective and scalable user research program within Moz.
- Effectively apply the full range of quantitative and qualitative research methods to provide designers and other stakeholders with the insights necessary to develop best in class products for our users.
- Work closely with designers, developers, product managers and business intelligence analysts to understand business needs, and develop research strategies to help us achieve them.
Experience We Want to See:
- This is a senior level role and while we don’t place much stock in years of experience as a reliable indicator of quality, we are looking for someone who has worked in a UX research role in at least a couple of different organizations, and contributed to the launch of multiple products. Ideally, we would like someone who has spent some time in a larger organization with a robust UX research team AND also spent some time working in a smaller, scrappier outfit such as a start-up or agency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Your resume should clearly outline the scope of your experience, what industries and size of companies you’ve worked in, and how you successfully applied your research skills.
- Experience conducting user research for complex B2B software products.
- Prior experience in mentoring UX designers on research methodologies, and also evangelizing the role of research to stakeholders outside of the design world.
- A very strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, and when/how to employ them.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.