Teachable is looking for an experienced qualitative researcher. Reporting to the Product Design Director for Money and Growth, you will be focused on delivering and utilizing data to evaluate and inform future directions for our product. You will conduct independent research on multiple aspects of our product and experiences
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about helping creators monetize their knowledge and scale their businesses. Initiatives will entail supporting a cross-functional product team, collaborating with our Data team on foundational research, working closely with product designers on tactical research, and building company-wide intuition by contributing to our growing research repository.
- You will build empathy and understanding for our users
- You will conduct observational and evaluative research
- You will support the Product team–product managers, product designers, and product directors–and identify business opportunities and validate roadmap and feature development
- You will communicate user-focused, actionable insights to the Product team and other stakeholders at every step of the development cycle (from discovery to release)
- You will document and track research insights so they can be referenced for future projects
- You will prioritize projects and contribute to research roadmap development
- You will build relationships with team members and stakeholders in product design, product management, data, and marketing
- You will conduct independent research on multiple aspects of our product and experiences
- You will plan and execute the end-to-end research process: research to data synthesis to insights.
- You will advocate for proper tooling, instrumentation, and best practices for data collection throughout the organization to ensure uniformity of data and key concepts.
- You will prepare detailed reports for internal operational views within the department and across the organization
- Bonus: If you have a BA/BS in HCI, Computer Science, Psychology or Cognitive Behavior.
- You have at least 4 years of working in a related field (2 years of post-Masters program)
- You have contributed to the development of SaaS products
- You’re ready to own and execute on the end-to-end process
- You develop and articulate a clear point of view that helps your team prioritize research needs and product initiatives
- You have extensive knowledge in at least 2 of these areas: qualitative research methods, survey design, usability testing, market research, competitive analysis, focus groups
- You’re comfortable drawing upon multiple sources of data (qualitative and quantitative) to deliver a deep, holistic view of our usersYou’ll go to bat for your insights, adapting your communication for a variety of audiences
- You care deeply about people and are willing to examine and unpack bias as part of your process
- Have a deep understanding of behavioral and attitudinal data, qualitative research methodologies, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Have created a variety of research deliverables and artifacts, such as presentation slide decks, persona documents, and journey maps.
- Are able to distill complex issues into thoughtful, actionable insights, with supporting rationale behind decisions
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.