As an Etsy employee, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and make an impact in the lives of millions. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion, team culture and the spaces where we work all reflect our mission to keep commerce human.
Etsy is looking for a Staff Software Engineer who is passionate about Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) on Cloud environments to join our Release Engineering team.
Our team empowers Etsy engineers with tools, infrastructure, and practices for fast, simple, and reliable ways to release code to etsy.com (which happens over 100 times a week!)
We’re looking for someone who excels at working with others, challenges the status-quo, and is an outstanding problem-solver. We value clear communication, honest feedback, and empathy as cornerstones of how we get things done.
About the Role
- Being an advocate across engineering teams for good CI/CD practices that fit our context.
- Partnering with others to improve all aspects of our current release process.
- Designing and implementing solutions that keep evolving our CI/CD Platform to be a reference point in the industry.
- Mentoring others within the team and across Etsy on growing as a software engineer.
- Experience providing technical leadership and vocal advocacy of CI/CD to engineering organizations
- Experience building scalable and reliable CI/CD systems and processes.
- Experienced writing and mentoring others write clean, testable code in one or more of the following: Java, PHP, Go, Ruby, or Python.
- Knowledgeable about source control systems (specifically git) and different branching strategies.
- Comfortable with cloud infrastructure and services (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure).
- Familiar with container and container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Know your way around Linux.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.