Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
⚠️ Please don’t mind the location, we can hire you where you are
This role will be at the core of WeTransfer and you will be working on cross functional programs. You’ll accelerate innovation by developing the core product and platform capabilities that will fuel the growth. You will build new architecture as well as enhance existing one to make it your own. You will be working closely with product , cross functional engineering teams and senior leadership teams.
What you’ll bring
- Solid experience delivering enterprise class applications
- Solid foundation in writing scalable application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the and mobile
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- We use Ruby in current projects and Golang for new ones
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experience with Relational Database Design and Implementation
- Experience in open source UI frameworks
- Interest in building CI/CD pipelines
- Practical experience in developing applications using micro-services, container technologies, container management systems such as , docker etc
- Strong experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Prior working experience in utility computing and/or cloud computing domain
- Experience building and deploying applications and into cloud environments
How you will lead
- Drive significant technology initiatives end-to-end and across multiple layers of architecture.
- Architecting and developing scalable applications or systems
- Drive design and implementation of durable and software solutions that will solve critical customer problems, are scalable, secure, easy to maintain, and interact with numerous other
- Provide recommendations and best practices for application development, platform development, and developer tools
- Capture requirements and use cases. Actively stay abreast on industry best practices, share learnings, and experiment and apply cutting edge technologies
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model/coach to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering
- Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole and generate creative ideas for emerging business needs
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work with global teams across time zones
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- Experience delivering results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships
- Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives)
- “Self-starter” attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don’t come to the office more than 2-3 per week – since that wouldn’t be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.