This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on April 30, 2021.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
- The Engineer has considerable experience in providing highly specialized applications and operational analysis.
- Experience in planning and supporting network and computing infrastructure.
- Has knowledge in networking technologies. Is cognizant, knowledgeable and contributes to all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, modeling, simulation, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 5 years experience / 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
What You’ll Do
- Use your experience in leading mobile development to build scalable mobile applications.
- Build applications that support both the digital services we deliver as well as third-party usage
- Collaborate with designers, other engineers and product owners to identify current or potential technical issues and provide clear solutions.
- Ship mobile applications that impact the lives of millions of Americans
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of experience in mobile development building scalable mobile applications.
- Deep knowledge of either Swift, Android (preferably Kotlin) with a cursory ability to read and write for at least one of the other languages.
- Experience managing at least one app in either the Apple App Store or in Google Play Store.
- Experience leading teams of at least 3-5 people in engineering applications in the mobile space.
- Experience analyzing, developing, testing and assisting with the integration of new features and applications
- Experience with Git, GitHub, pull requests and other version control operations
- Experience building unit and integration tests.
- Experience using REST APIs, third party libraries, and custom UI component development
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Nice to Haves:
- Experience white labelling applications
- Full-stack engineering experience.
- Experience with cross-functional teams.
- Experience making and assisting in product decisions.
- Experience working on government software projects.
- Automation experience with continuous integration tools like fastlane, CircleCI, or GitHub actions.
- Experience using tools like Crashlytics for error reporting and tracking.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.