Hello! My name is Kyle and I head up the Partners Team at Customer.io. One of the newer growth strategies of our team has been building the Customer.io Startup Program. This program is designed to give funded startups access to Customer.io at a discounted rate so they’re able to build a world-class messaging tool into their stack early on.
We’ve seen this program take on a life of its own, with +1,000 startups applying so far and dozens more applying every day. As the Startup Program manager you will be responsible for maintaining this audience of extremely valuable customers and potential customers while seeking new ways to grow and expand the program to hit key mile stones on a quarterly and annual basis.
Some things you’ll do:
- Review, approve, deny, and do further inquiry of Startup Program applications
- Manage relationships with our expanding list of VC partners (verifying applicants, meeting at fixed intervals to explore opportunities to increase exposure, providing Customer.io trainings/demos to portfolio companies)
- Provide support and guidance through the conversion process to approved applicants
- Create a community and content plan to provide and extract value from our startup audience
- Improve upon the experience we’ve built for startups signup and graduation processes
- Identify key VC partner relationships as well as highlight and strategize with VC partners who are not providing adequate value
- Lead high-value startups through our premium renewal process
- Work continually along side the partner team to grow and expand the program
- Sales and public speaking are something you understand enjoy
- You’re curious and enjoy learning about different businesses and industries
- You’ve got a thirst for knowledge, and are keen to understand our app
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit: You work best when there is less structure and enjoy the process of building something from scratch
- You enjoy the process of setting challenging goals and creating a plan to hit them
What we’re looking for:
- A background in SaaS
- You’ve worked for, with, or on Startups in some fashion and have an understanding of the VC process
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), high emotional IQ, and a drive to achieve.
- Flexibility to adjust your day-to-day to fit with the most critical tasks on hand
- Personal success stories of building customer facing programs that drove positive ROI
- Thirst for knowledge, a hunger for continuous learning, and innate curiosity.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,400 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $80,000 – $90,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO – we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST on April 26th and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of a movie you love. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by April 29th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone, our Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute video call with Kyle
- Take Home Assignment
- 45 minute video call – project review with Cody (Sales Development Team Lead) and Kendall (Account Executive)