About Wurl, LLC.
Streaming Software Engineer – Remote
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Streaming Software Engineer to join our team of highly skilled, motivated and collaborative engineers. In this role you would be a key contributor to identifying and solving many of the critical tasks on our roadmap including:
- CREATE new play-out and delivery systems to enable video distribution to global video services (OTT, social, live)
- DEVELOP state-of-the-art tech and services to enhance live, linear and VOD video distribution
- EXTEND Wurl’s server-side dynamic ad insertion platform
- BUILD our network to blanket the planet
If you are passionate about solving complex problems with elegant and creative solutions, then this job maybe a perfect fit for you.
- 5+ years of complete software lifecycle experience.
- Proven experience with Golang, NodeJS or Ruby and/or other modern languages.
- Prior experience delivering highly resilient, distributed micro services on public/private cloud infrastructures.
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS etc.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Great team player with can do attitude.
A plus if you have:
- Experience with HTTP video delivery/Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI)/CDN technologies
- Knowledge of open-source software like FFMPEG and nginx.
- An understanding of video storage and delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, RTMP)
What We Offer
Competitive Salary & Equity
Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
Remote first policy
Flexible Time Off
12 US Holidays
Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace subscriptions for mental and physical wellness
OneMedical subscription for 24/7 convenient medical care
Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for all family additions
Discounted PetPlan and easy at home access to Covid testing with empowerDX
$1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.