As a Talent Lead you will play a key role to source and hire mission-driven, forward thinking leaders and problem-solvers who will lead projects and initiatives that positively impact the lives of New Jerseyans. You’ll be responsible for full-cycle recruitment for a range of disciplines, with a particular emphasis on technical roles: design (UX, product, and content strategy), engineering (back end, full stack, cloud, infrastructure and site reliability), data analysis, product management, marketing, and more. You’ll partner with team leadership and work with hiring committees to drive recruitment strategies.
Diversity, equity, and inclusive practices and outcomes are essential to the success of the Office of Innovation, and you will ensure that, regardless of the hiring outcome, all candidates have a positive experience.
You should be comfortable working in a startup environment where you think independently and operate with a high degree of autonomy. We’re looking for self-starters who are skilled at driving projects forward while communicating and collaborating closely with the team. The person who is hired for this role will report to the Chief of Staff.
As a part of the team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing Talent Recruitment and Attraction Operations: ensuring that there’s an effective and efficient execution of our evaluation and hiring processes
- Coordinate, schedule, and track all candidate evaluation activities.
- Act as the main point of contact and hiring logistics guide between candidates and the Office throughout the hiring process.
- Ensure hiring committee members and candidates have the appropriate information and materials in advance of interviews.
- Identify and implement iterative improvements to evaluation processes and systems.
- Implementing Recruitment and Attraction Strategies: ensuring that opportunities to join the team are reaching a diverse and qualified audience
- Build candidate pipelines by researching, sourcing, and engaging talent
- Identify, recommend, and manage the use of advertising and amplification channels
- Conduct direct recruitment outreach via a variety of methods (e.g. networking, email, social media, events, job postings);
- Vetting and Onboarding: working with team leadership to ensure the pre-offer vetting and subsequent onboarding processes are smooth and efficient
- Conduct pre-offer candidate vetting processes, such as reference checks and other related research activities
- Manage, drive, and refine administrative processes related to candidate onboarding
Preferred Technical Experience, Skills and Abilities
We are seeking individuals with the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, and a demonstrated and deep commitment to public service and impact
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve diverse problems in highly ambiguous settings, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Successful management of candidate recruitment, evaluation, and hiring pipelines, as well as processes and technology systems used to administer such processes
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies to reach underrepresented candidates in support of organizational DE&I efforts
- Developing talent acquisition strategies for filling highly technical positions (e.g. engineers, product managers, user experience designers, etc.)
- Conducting direct recruitment outreach of highly technical positions (e.g. engineers, product managers, user experience designers) via a variety of methods (e.g. networking, email, social media, events, job postings and cold calling);
- Experience delivering talent acquisition projects from conception to completion, such as developing plans and schedules, estimating resource requirements, defining milestones and deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments
Compensation: Up to $100,000 (depending on experience) + Full benefits
The New Jersey Office of Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seek to create a pluralistic community for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of racial and ethnic minority groups, women, LGBTQI+ people, those with disabilities, and Veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of New Jersey’s incredible diversity.
We do not discriminate against any candidate because of color, race, age, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, pregnancy, marital status, status as a parent, ancestry, national origin, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, retaliation, or other non-merit based factors.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates may be required to pass a background check and complete additional steps as part of the application and onboarding process. You will be considered an “at-will” employee, meaning both employer and employee have the right to terminate employment with or without cause or notice.