- Oversee domestic indirect tax compliance for a rapidly changing and growing company.
- Transition the work away from our third-party service provider to prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns, including US sales tax, gross receipts, property, and other indirect taxes in multiple jurisdictions.
- Support Imperfect’s long-term strategic plan by providing tax compliance guidance.
- Respond to audit notices and manage sales, and use tax audits in partnership with internal business partners.
- Assist in determining sales/use and tax consequences related to new products and innovations; and leading solutions addressing corresponding compliance requirements.
- Work with Finance/IT Teams to enhance reporting and compliance processes.
- Exhibit attention to detail while also understanding the larger issues and broader implications of projects.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of indirect tax compliance requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors to manage various annual audit requirements.
- Work with the third-party service provider on the year-end tax provision in accordance with ASC 740.
- Manage the indirect tax software (currently using TaxJar) and explore other vendors based on business needs.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations and book journal entries for all tax accounts and partner with the GL Accounting team for other needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- CPA license preferred but not required
- 5-7 years of accounting experience, public accounting highly desired
- Mastery of indirect tax while possessing a solid understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles.
- Experience with NetSuite and Tax software (TaxJar, Avalara, Vertex, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to work independently and demonstrated ability to develop/maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to multi-task and take on a large volume of work in a high growth environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and communication.
- You’re comfortable with the unknown “gray area” and thrive on problem-solving
- You’re a multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize
- You’re able to work independently
- You’re a people person, able to interact with various business partners regardless of the level
- You have a great sense of humor
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the VP/Controller who is based out in San Francisco, Bay Area
- The position will be remote
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes healthcare, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets