We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Account Management department look like?
The Account Management team is one of our four pillars of Client Success that focuses on discovering client needs, acting as experts on the various products we offer, and connecting clients to value over their tenure with Bench.
As Team Lead, you will be responsible for training, coaching, and supporting your team members to have value-driven conversations that promote growth within our client base.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Lead our team of 5 to 8 Account Managers to deliver additional services and facilitate growth within our current client base via cross-selling and up-selling.
- Coach and develop the team to conduct value-driven conversations with clients that uncover potential needs and solutions
- Collaborate with other leaders on initiatives to improve cross-team systems and deliverables
- Own and report team performance and create action plans to meet specific revenue targets over time
- Identify key areas to implement improvements or new initiatives that unlock team efficiency or client value
- Support in setting team-specific objectives and KPIs on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Train the team on new systems and processes being implemented
- Inspire and motivate team members to individually develop and reach their respective career goals
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A passion for client success — Regardless of whether you’ve been in a CS role before or this is your first foray in, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about creating an incredible client experience and delivering meaningful client outcomes. We’re here to make a profound impact on our clients and we want someone ready and willing to help lead the charge!
- A passion for team development — Our most important asset is our people and this role is centered around coaching team members on a day-to-day basis. We’re looking for someone who is able to create space for our team members to grow and find ways to unlock their potential.
- Agility — Bench is an ever changing environment and team members need to be able to quickly adapt to new situations, projects, workflows, products and client scenarios. Our strongest candidates are those who are always thinking one step ahead of the pack and can create clarity out of uncertainty.
- Creative Problem Solving — We’re always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who challenge the status quo. Candidates who’ve helped build systems from scratch will have a major impact.
- Leadership — From collaborating with other teams to leading meetings or training sessions, we’re looking for someone who communicates with clarity, confidence, and authenticity as the face of their team.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Previous experience in Customer Success, Client Management, or Sales
- Previous experience in working in Tech or Startups
- Expertise (or comfort) in bookkeeping, accounting, and financial platforms
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible, and this role pays an annual base salary of $49k-61k, depending on experience, with an OTE bonus of $18k.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.