If you are a solid leader who still likes to have your hands in the development process, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Developer to lead a team in our Raleigh, North Carolina office. The Team Lead will work within a tightly knit global development team, and will play an integral role within Xsolla.
The chosen candidate will be local to Raleigh, North Carolina area and have experience leading a team.
- Development Management:
- Setting goals and planning the development process for the team
- Estimating the time of the implementation of individual tasks
- Organizing and facilitating team rituals
- Creating product QA process
- Participating in testing and delivery processes
- Team Management:
- Creating a support team from a scratch (onboarding, retaining, etc.)
- Supporting the professional growth of employees through the accumulation of knowledge and experience
- Working with the strengths and weaknesses of team members
- Building a culture of collective responsibility for commitments
- Creating a culture of trust, creativity and mentorship in the team
- Creating and updating a competency map as well as working with personal development tracks for each employee
- Defining future technologies and development architecture with the team
- Participating in the discussion of architectural solutions in the department
- 5+ years work experience
- Experience in Kanban methodology
- Working knowledge of Go and PHP programming language
- Professional knowledge of SQL and MySQL/PostgreSQL database
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform technologies (Kubernetes Engine, CloudSQL, PubSub and Cloud Run) or with any other cloud provider
- Decent understanding of backend components, such as caches, networks, load balancers, CDNs, etc
- Ability to build reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant software
- Ability to work and be flexible in a fast pace environment
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue
- Experience of developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in SAFe
- Automation test development with Playwright or Cypress
- Working experience with key-value and document databases
- Team management experience
At Xsolla, we know it isn’t just about the paycheck. That’s why our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our Benefits Program includes 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more. For additional information and to learn more, please visit: xsolla.com
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!