Are you passionate about education and seeing people succeed? Are you energized by big picture thinking? Does the thought of creating, organizing, and disseminating information get you excited? You’re looking for a big challenge, an amazing team, and the opportunity to do meaningful work—and you’ll find all of that at Thinkific!
As our Team Lead, Knowledge, you’ll be responsible for coaching and developing a team of talented Knowledge Specialists who create and maintain Thinkific’s customer-facing and internal knowledge materials for the Support team. You’ll be an open source of information for your team on topics including performance, career development, and best practices. You’ll help lead the team’s daily operations; running team meetings, clearing blockers, providing one-on-one mentorship, and sharing your expertise in Knowledge Management. You’ll learn the Thinkific platform inside and out and work closely with cross-functional teams. While you can think of the big picture and strategize on knowledge needs, you’re also not afraid to hop in yourself to contribute to our knowledge resources.
In this role, you will:
- Coach and manage a team of direct reports. This includes reviewing quality of work, conducting regular 1-on-1s, setting expectations, leading performance reviews, and supporting career growth.
- Manage day-to-day team operations. You will ensure all knowledge-related maintenance tasks are assigned and completed in a timely manner, resolving blockers, leading team meetings, and providing updates to and from other departments.
- Ensure the internal knowledge platform (Guru) and external content repositories (Zendesk Guide) are updated in line with and according to business and operational changes.
- Communicate OKRs to the team, offering regular progress updates to the Knowledge & Training Manager and inspiring your team to exceed their goals.
- Assist with the design and rollout of new knowledge initiatives and improvements.
- Work with Support Managers, Team Leads, Customer Champions, Knowledge Specialists and collaborate with other departments when needed to identify and fill knowledge gaps.
- Participate in and promote KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) methodology throughout the Support department.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in an online customer support role, with experience leading others
- Have experience in documentation writing, knowledge base management, or digital content management.
- Demonstrate the ability to support customers through multiple channels
- Love helping people—you can’t help but to go above and beyond to support a customer!
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills—you are able to write a customer email or pick up the phone while expressing yourself well and with clarity
- Be an independent problem solver and have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex software problem, even if you don’t know the answer to start
- Perform well under pressure and can handle emergency situations on the fly
- Have a strong work ethic and don’t believe in the 9 to 5
- Love to rally a group around a goal, motivating and inspiring them around their impact
- Be extremely data-driven and enjoy keeping an eye on knowledge data and metrics, including articles views and creation
- Believe in servant leadership and practice Radical Candor
- Bring new perspectives and like to get creative by finding innovative solutions to tough problems
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have worked cross-departmentally with Sales, Product, and Marketing teams and are comfortable collaborating with others
- Have experience with a KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) methodology
- Can effectively drive customer feedback to other teams internally
- Have worked primarily in a B2C facing organization
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a SaaS-based, fast-growing startup
- Are familiar with tools including Slack, Asana, Zendesk, and Guru
- Have worked in an organization that tracks CSAT and NPS—you understand what these metrics measure and are eager to find ways your team can positively affect them
- Have previously been part of a support team that was larger than 50 people
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!