Chronosphere is the provider of the only observability platform that puts engineering organizations back in control by taming rampant data growth and cloud-native complexity, delivering increased business confidence. Teams at startups to well-known global brands in the Fortune 500 around the world trust Chronosphere to help them operate scalable, highly available and resilient applications.
Chronosphere is looking for trailblazers who are experts in their space and are passionate about creating meaningful solutions for engineers and digital businesses.
Chronosphere is a series C startup with more than $343M in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re a remote-first company, backed by Greylock, Lux Capital, General Atlantic, Addition and Founders Fund.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be a Technical Account Manager (TAM) at Chronosphere. Technical Account Managers use their exceptional problem solving and relationship management skills, along with their deep product knowledge, to ensure the success of our customers. This means being the point of contact ensuring the success of customers helping them achieve their goals and objectives acting as the key point of contact on both technical and account management fronts, managing the day-to-day progress and relationship with our customers, and helping users navigate the Chronosphere ecosystem. In short, you will be tasked with ensuring that our customers are deriving the maximum value from the Chronosphere platform.
In this role you will
- Act as the primary point of contact for a set of customer accounts
- Understand the goals and objectives of customers.
- Complete ownership of customer onboarding and adoption and responsible for building a comprehensive onboarding and adoption plan with the customer.
- Manage all day-to-day customer needs – strategic & technical
- Rigorously measure onboarding and adoption plan progress, course correct in a timely manner when needed and meet/exceed plan goals.
- Partner with our Customer Success Engineering (CSE) team for more complex technical tactical issues
- Regularly communicate with diverse, internal stakeholder groups, including product, engineering and sales. Engage with the Product team to align product roadmap with the customer requirements
- Educate customers on new product features and releases.
- Track the progress towards customer’s goals and objectives, and measure the value realization from Chronosphere implementation and adoption.
- Conduct customer executive business review with key stakeholders from the customer and Chronosphere teams.
- 3+ years of experience in Technical account management, Customer Success, Management Consulting or another customer-facing role
- Industry experience and technical understanding related to DevOps, application monitoring, logging, and/or broader cloud-native application infrastructure platforms
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Services)
- Experience in working with complex, multi-divisional, multi-geographical customers and impressive executive presence and communication abilities
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn about new technologies
Nice to have
- Direct hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure or other modern cloud native technologies and platforms
- Proficiency with the command line , basic UNIX troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience at a SaaS vendor and in managing the entire customer life cycle including renewals.
- Prior experience with monitoring or observability tools (New Relic, Datadog, Splunk, etc)
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days, you’ll shadow other TAMs. You’ll learn about our product, our customers, our team, and see a day in the life firsthand. After 30 days, you’ll take on a few accounts but with the support of the current team. You’ll slowly acquire new accounts. After 90 days, you will own a full book of accounts.
United States #LI-Remote
Reporting to Senior Manager, Technical Account Managers
Others you will learn from and collaborate with include:
- Benjamin Raskin – Solution Architect
- Jonathan Arrance – Customer Success Engineering
- Lenesto Page – Technical Account Manager
- John Potocny – Sales Engineer
- Customer Support
- Product & Engineering Teams
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Free Lunches
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- And More
Chronosphere is an equal opportunity employer. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t line up exactly with the job description. Your skills, passion, and desire to make a difference will stand out. At Chronosphere, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com