At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet! Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for a Technical Advisor to assist our Enterprise customers with technical problems and questions when using Vercel products and services! Responsibilities include informing and training clients in the product’s proper use to enhance the customer experience and improve satisfaction.
To be successful, you must be an excellent communicator who’s able to earn our customer’s trust and understand technical problems quickly. You will play a major part in the post-sales process and Enterprise customer journey. Expertise in the technical elements of the product and clarity of instruction are important competencies in this position. Success in this role will be proven through improvements in the retention of Enterprise customers by delivering key technical insights and evaluations to ensure success both at launch and scale.
Ideally, you have a background in frontend development, enjoy technical writing, and have a passion for digging deep to find and resolve root causes. You are excited about the opportunity to involve yourself with the technical evolution of both global brands and new start-ups.
Ultimately, you will help establish our reputation as a company that is exceptional at helping its customers meet their goals throughout all parts of the customer journey, while engineering solutions to constantly improve their experience.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure that Enterprise customers are receiving and understanding the value of the platform.
- Provide product expertise and strategic consultation during the Enterprise customer journey.
- Provide training sessions to Enterprise customers.
- Attend onboarding and pre-production calls as a technical authority.
- Know the Vercel platform and Next.js framework inside and out, learning daily.
- Work with other members of CS to provide assistance both internally and externally.
- Develop close partnerships with the CSM team to understand customers’ goals.
- Work with external engineering and infrastructure teams to convey product gaps and needs.
- Ensure customers have immediate concerns resolved but with a long-term outlook.
- Specialize in a few product areas and lead that within the team.
- Improving existing, and identifying new, internal documentation, processes and policies.
- Assist and coordinate with Customer Success Managers with Enterprise requests.
- You lead by example and develop more junior members of the team.
- You understand modern web architecture, frontend development, and serverless computing.
- You are experienced with incident management and procedural communication.
- You possess exceptional communication skills.
- Outstanding sense of autonomy, ownership, and happy to be fast-paced startup environment.
- You are happy working with a fully remote, globally distributed team.
- You have a passion to deliver a customer experience second to none.
- Availability to work within a weekend and on-call rota.
- 3+ years experience in a customer success, sales, or onboarding/implementation role at a SaaS company.
- 3+ years experience with front-end web development or using React in a production setting.
Bonus if You:
- Have experience using Next.js.
- Have experience supporting backend runtime environments, especially Node.js.
- Have experience with CDNs and a good understanding of caching techniques.
- Work with monorepos and/or custom, complex CI/CD pipelines.
- Thoroughly understand DNS and can explain this clearly to others.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.