Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
As a Senior Technical Audio Designer at Disruptive Games, you will be responsible for helping craft the sonic identity of the game and the audio tools used to realize it. Your job will entail conceptualizing and designing sounds as well as creating dynamic and adaptive audio systems. We’re looking for someone with a passion for game audio, a team player attitude, and a knack for problem solving.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the Lead Audio Designer to conceive, design, script, prototype, iterate, validate, and improve dynamic audio systems in Unreal Engine 5
- Design and implement audio assets while keeping them creatively aligned with the overall vision of the game
- Collaborate and communicate cross-departmentally with designers, programmers, artists, producers and QA
- Share knowledge and provide technical documentation on best practices and audio system pipelines
- Manage and organize audio assets using our naming convention, loudness standards and soundclass/submix structure
- Regularly playtest our game and provide both creative and technical feedback on ways to improve and enhance the game’s mix and sonic identity
- Troubleshooting and debugging of game audio systems
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of proven game development and implementation experience
- Bachelors degree or certificate in Music Production, Music Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in scripting in Unreal Engine 5 using Blueprints and MetaSounds
- Strong proven sound design and implementation skills
- Highly proficient in audio production software (DAWs), sound theory, digital signal processes, batch processing
- Able to work well individually and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills, and able to provide and receive constructive feedback with ease and kindness
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment via video conferencing and discussion tools such as Discord, MS Teams, or Zoom
- Avid gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
- Experience in programming in C#/C++
- Experience working in task tracking software such as Clickup, Asana, Jira, Shotgrid, or Trello
- Experience with asset management and organization through either Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience working with physics-based audio, particularly vehicle audio
- Experience with accessible audio design
- Experience implementing localized sound design and VO for third-person multiplayer gameplay
- Experience optimizing audio for consoles
- Shipped at least 1 title
Disruptive Games is a fully remote studio with employees all over the world. Regardless of where you live, we ensure you’re paid a fair market rate. Our salary offers are informed by market compensation data, which takes into account each positions unique job function and your location.
In the United States, the compensation range for this position is typically between $54,000 – $96,000 USD.
United States Employee Perks & Benefits
Health, vision, and dental insurance plans
Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
401(k) with matching contributions
New hire home office set up
Flexible work schedules
Incredible, collaborative team
Engaging virtual office environment
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.