Reports to: Director of Brand and Content
Compensation Range: $100,000 to $130,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
We’re looking for a technical writer to join our growing content team! We get pretty nerdy with our cybersecurity content, and we’re looking for someone to help us expand those efforts. This individual will also help us bridge the gap between the technical world we live in and the “business” side of cybersecurity that much of our audience is focused on.
This individual will author content across a number of different channels, turning 1s and 0s into impactful stories and actionable copy that readers can use to up their security knowledge (our blog has some great examples of our team’s threat analysis work). They’ll collaborate with a variety of teams ranging from threat hunters to sales engineers, campaign planners and more, and ensure our technical content aligns with Huntress’ strategic goals and platform roadmap. This role will report to our Director of Brand & Content.
Please include a portfolio or writing samples when applying for this role.
- Research and author technical content across a variety of cybersecurity topics and disciplines
- Collaborate with our ThreatOps and security research teams to transform their daily battles with hackers into compelling, actionable and accessible stories
- Leverage SEO and keyword research (and potentially do some of your own) to help grow our organic presence and get resources in front of the right audiences
- Support presentations, media pitches, campaign narratives and related efforts to help Huntress demonstrate our expertise
What You Bring To The Team:
- Minimum of four years of technical writing and content experience in cybersecurity
- Demonstrated ability to research and dig into highly technical topics
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and dependencies, etc.
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.