Founded in 2008, Stack Overflow’s public platform is used by nearly everyone who codes to learn, share their knowledge, collaborate, and build their careers. Our products and tools help developers and technologists in life and at work. These products include Stack Overflow for Teams, Stack Overflow Advertising, and Stack Overflow Talent. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a technical evangelist on the Product Marketing team.
While we’re very open to hiring remote (globally), we need your working hours to overlap with at least the hours of 10AM – 1PM US Eastern time.
Who we’re looking for…
- You are a trusted partner. Team members turn to you for your knowledge and perspective, they want to collaborate with you, and they trust that you’ll be critically thinking about everything that comes your way.
- You understand the developer and technical buyer. You have built content for and evangelized SaaS and other products to both of these groups.
- You closely follow, understand and can create technical content and customer/prospect facing materials that cover concepts and technologies in the developer and technologist workflow (e.g. DevOps, CI/CD, public Cloud, containers, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You know how to research and uncover technical information from SMEs and translate it into content for a technical audience.
- You have created and delivered technical content in a variety of media (e.g., white papers, videos, blog posts or articles, webinars, infographics, emails, social posts, conferences, meetups, etc.).
- You embrace outreach to customers, users, and community members. You enjoy being a thought leader and expert resource for the Sales, CS, and Marketing team.
What you’ll be doing…
- Priority 1 – Evangelise and grow the Stack Overflow for Teams product. Partner with your Product Marketing, Demand Generation, and Product Experience partners to create technical content that educates prospects, admins, and users to accelerate the growth and adoption of Teams.
- Priority 2 – Evangelise and grow the Collectives on Stack Overflow product. Partner with your Product Marketing, Product, Community, and Customer Success partners to evangelise, train, and support the growth of our Collectives on Stack Overflow product.
- Priority 3 – Increase our outreach to our Teams admins and users and Collectives admins and users. Go to conferences, give talks, lead roundtable sessions – anything where you can connect with our admins and users to help them succeed.
Who you’ll be working with…
- You’ll be on the Product Marketing team, reporting to the Head of Product Marketing.
- In addition to your Marketing partners, you’ll also be working with Product, Engineering, Research, Design, RevOps, Customer Success, and Sales teams across Stack Overflow.
- We’re a highly collaborative company so expect the people you’ll be working with to go beyond these core groups.
- Prior Technical Evangelist role for a developer and/or tech buyer audience with ownership of evangelism, content creation and outreach in multiple formats.
- Prior experience with developing a deep technical knowledge of SaaS products.
- Prior experience with developer tools, languages, or frameworks.
- Experience with the Stack Overflow public site and/or Stack Overflow for Teams.
- You have done and can do these things…
- Work cross functionally across teams and build trust with your partners
- Excel at working collaboratively
- Manage your priorities and requests
- Think and act strategically as well as execute on tasks on time
- Communicate effectively – you can adjust how you communicate depending on who you are speaking with and what you need to say
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway – we value different perspectives and experience.
- We’ll only consider applications with a cover letter – please make sure to include yours and tell us what you’ll bring to the team.
What you’ll get in return
In the United States, benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- 20 days paid vacation
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening September 6, 2021, and won’t require employees to return to the office for the rest of the year), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.