We are seeking a Tech Lead to join our Machine Learning team. You’re the perfect fit for this role if you are passionate about solving Computer Vision (CV) problems, have a great appreciation for science and want to transform how it is done. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable leading the development of creative solutions while being results-oriented, honest and fast to act.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
- Improve the performance and scalability of ML models that are at the core of BenchSci’s products
- Lead and provide technical direction for BenchSci’s ML team Push the envelope of research in CV
- Investigate what technologies will best enable BenchSci to generate use cases
- Work with BenchSci’s Chief Science Officer and Director of ML to correctly capture the nuances of biology and the CV field
- Advocate for code and process improvements across your team, and help to define best practices based on personal industry experience and research
- Participate in sprint planning, estimation and reviews. Take ownership of deliverables, and work with teammates to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Experience productionalizing ML models
- 2+ years of tech lead experience
- Experience with CV models (such as YOLO, RCNN, EfficientNET, Vision Transformer, etc)
- Experience with CV subjects (OCR, Semantic segmentation, etc.)
- A degree in computer science with a focus on machine learning, or at least two years of experience in the industry or data science competitions
- Experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, and image processing libraries (both modern and deep learning-based and conventional ones such as OpenCV and scikit-image)
- Experience with data processing frameworks
- A constant desire to develop