At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate tech-savvy Product Manager, we’re offering you the opportunity to join one of our diverse teams at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
In a nutshell
Join us as a Technical Product Manager in one of our platform product teams and shape the way we build software products here at Picnic! From developer tooling and CI/CD to networking and security, we’re continuously growing and expanding our expertise. Because we build most of our software in-house, you’ll have full control over design, development, operation, and analytics. As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll set up the vision and roadmap for our platform products in the Foundation domain. This way you’ll make a real impact and shape the future of Picnic!
Upon joining Picnic, we’ll recommend the team we feel you’ll be a particularly good fit for, and will connect you with your future colleagues for coffee chats even before you start.
Get in contact: we’re looking for passionate Tech Product Managers, so if you’re interested in finding more about our projects, teams, tech products and future plans, please feel free to get in touch with some of our colleagues: Jelmer Borst, Jelten Beekhuis, Maxim Oei!
What you’ll do
- Take full ownership of a platform product, including vision, ideation, development, launch, growth, and maintenance
- Define and maintain the product roadmap in alignment with our product teams and business stakeholders
- Build and support your team to excel in a rapidly growing tech scale-up
- Conduct user research and comparative market analysis, and build up a deep understanding of the needs and wants of our developers
- Identify opportunities and define continuous improvement programs
- Lead through example and influence without authority—be part of our culture!
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a product owner or product manager, with a relevant tech background in a product or platform organization
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or another relevant field
- Collaborative skills to interact with different stakeholders and play a key role in sharing knowledge across the tech teams
- Extensive knowledge of software development processes, a passion for shipping great platform products, and a high level of curiosity to learn more
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: Java, Python, Kubernetes, Terraform, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with creating software engineering tools is a big plus
Do you want to hear more about us before deciding to apply? Join us for a Hybrid MeetUp Event on June 9th in-person at our HQ office Amsterdam or remote via Zoom. Ask our Analysts, Product Owners and Tech Leads anything that you’d like and listen in about our Picnic Edge Platform or how we’re Turning Shadow IT Into Sunshine IT!
Registration link and more details here.
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for ex-pats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many ex-pat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.