Join a remote-first global workforce. Platform.sh is a forward-thinking tech company building a better cloud platform to create, manage and power web applications, where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
We have multiple Product Manager positions open to help us accelerate our roadmap. Product Managers work in close collaboration with product leadership, designers and multiple engineering teams. From discovery to delivery, we shape the product and software delivery process through equal collaboration, joint discovery, decision making, constant iterative improvements and shared accountability.
This role will report to a Product Director or Senior Product Manager depending on the team.
The Product organization is distributed across the Americas and Europe. This position can be done from anywhere in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC+2.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Help the team define its strategy, build alignment around that strategy, and enable all the teams around you to work together to deliver it
- Focus on feature development that helps grow our revenue, meets the needs of our customers, streamlines our operations and develop the KPIs and feedback loops that allow us to continuously improve
- Work hand in hand with engineering and design to make sure we always keep our eyes on the ball, maintaining at all times a critical path to delivering value efficiently
- Work with other product managers to be sure we focus on the big-picture and develop a shared product strategy
- Participate in tasks including market research, prototyping, usability testing, customer feedback loops and data analysis
- Write key documents including: roadmap and scoping documents, feature briefs, release notes
What you bring
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as software product manager.
- A caring mindframe and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a tool we ask of all employees.
- A passion for developer productivity, software development and tooling
- Ability to manage competing priorities and build delivery plannings together with engineering teams
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional, remote teams on complex technical and non-technical concepts, focusing teams on solutions that bring clarity, simplicity and joy to all product experiences
- Always curious to understand the “why”
- Great communication skills
Nice to have
- Past experience with hosting/PaaS products
- Agile methodology knowledge
- Previous software development or technical management experience
What we bring as a team
- Join a forward-thinking tech company constantly innovating, problem solving and working together to build a better way to create, manage and power web applications
- An open work environment where your voice is welcomed on any topic
- A culture of constant improvement, no process for process sake or hierarchical red-tape
- We are a growing company and actively foster internal promotion opportunities
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
*To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in the Americas and EMEA in time zones ranging from UTC-8 to UTC+2.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800 a year
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.