Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site. This is a tribe-level position and as part of the Product and Engineering group, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics, help us continue the transition to microservices and a growing engineering team.
We work in an agile and collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional leadership. Our focus is on being bold and moving fast, true transparency, and respect. The Hotjar Product and Engineering team consists of three tribes, each with multiple product squads focused on various areas of the product and the business. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, technical program manager (TPM) who will work within one of the tribes and is passionate about building great products, and loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
You should also have experience leading teams through technology transformations and migrations, and be focused on pragmatism, agility, and efficiency. An understanding of business metrics and building products are essential. A passion for working with a large variety of individuals from different backgrounds is crucial to be successful in this role.
- Work most closely with the local leadership of product teams (i.e: Product Manager, Engineering Lead & Product Designer) at the tribe-level with multiple teams to help provide customer and benefits as efficiently as possible guided by the product vision.
- Help plan the development of complex features with the product teams by owning technical decisions that affect the wider group and assisting with scoping, prioritization, and managing expectations and risks.
- Assess and action risks and opportunities for improvements in our product development process to help squads to be bold and move fast.
- Organize planning, coordination between squads, pre-empting blockers, and be the driver in driving technical improvements such as migrations, building new services, and integrating new technologies.
- Communicate and action complex technical changes and risks across the organization.
- Build cases for balancing technical programs with product development.
- Can coordinate and communicate on aspects such as platform work on our main systems, infrastructure, CI/CD and monitoring, observability, microservices building blocks, gaps in our development tools and processes
- This is a technical position. While you will not be expected to write code, you should have a technical background that allows you to quickly understand technical projects and reason about complex systems end-to-end. You’ve been a developer at a previous point in your career.
- Experience leading an organization through technical migrations and transformations to using microservices is considered an asset.
- Experience building products and have a good grasp of business metrics.
- Strong ability to build relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience working in Agile workflows and delivering complex projects that span multiple ownership areas and coordinating with different teams.
- Previous professional experience as Technical Product/Program Manager is a strong asset
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €90,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.