With 20 years of search marketing expertise our goal is to add value to every search. On the simplest level we are the largest consumer search technology platform outside of Google and Bing. adMarketplace delivers incremental search traffic across native channels, including mobile apps, consumer sites, and browsers. Our technology enables audiences to skip search results pages and navigate directly to trusted sites in moments of intent. As well as driving incremental reach we are also market leaders in terms of privacy and performance.
The ideal candidate is motivated to help different project-based software engineering groups to deliver projects faster by developing clear project plans, managing milestones/sprints/deliverables and has a desire to push the boundaries of using agile development practices in a continuous integration environment focusing on delivery, quality, and scalability of mission-critical ad-tech systems.
This position will report to the Vice President of Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with engineering leaders on
- defining clear project plans based on the vision and priorities
- projects budget estimation, cost tracking, and high-level executive reporting
- Work with business people, product managers, and software engineering leaders to understand the big picture, project requirements, priorities, and high-level technical implementation details.
- Convert high-level technical requirements into projects, milestones, sprints, and deliverables.
- Manage multiple projects using Jira including managing sprints, running daily/weekly scrum meetings, tracking cross-system dependencies, plan/schedule software releases, drive end of sprint demos (lessons learned), sprint planning meetings, and set proper expectations.
- Create Jira boards and project progress reports as needed.
- Support teams and developers following servant leadership concepts to achieve their defined goals.
- Help the Technology Department to improve processes, Agile practices and to take our Tech Project Management to the next level.
- Help with overall technical system documentation as needed.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience managing software engineering/development projects using agile methodologies (Scrum preferred)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Good high-level understanding of software technologies like databases, queues, caches, microservices, cloud, code repository, etc.
- Expert using Jira and related project management functions
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Software Development
- Quick learner and interested in learning new technologies
- Excellent organizational, communication and listening skills and able to ask good questions (communicates clearly, completely and concisely with technical and non-technical people)
- Good leadership skills
- Detailed oriented, positive and motivated
- Excellent documentation skills
- Is a plus:
- Digital advertising industry experience
- Previous software engineering experience