Technical Program Manager III
As a Technical Project/Program Manager at Weedmaps, you will use your exceptional technical knowledge and project management skills to drive progress within your team’s technical domain while aligning key stakeholders, keeping projects on-track, maintaining team health and mood, and informing stakeholders. Drawing on your project management and team leadership expertise in non-conforming environments, you’ll collaborate with teams across the organization such as Engineering, Product, and Design departments to build and execute strategies and plans centered around different company products. Your mentality of servant leadership will help you mentor teams as you partner with others to foster open, transparent development and delivery environment.
The impact you’ll make:
- Help drive clarity and transparency within cross functional teams.
- Align teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers.
- Regularly assess the team’s working maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Provide the Director of Technical Program Management Office (TPMO) and all project stakeholders with regular consistent reporting regarding your teams.
- Partner closely with the VP of Engineering to help manage, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers.
- Continuously assess a team’s current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable delivery.
- Create transparency and predictability via feature mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps, budget updates, and release reports.
- Align communication between the cross-functional departments throughout the organization as it pertains to your project/program, with the possibility of off hours duty, if needed.
- Understand the task and responsibilities of the cross-functional departments and be able to launch mitigation steps in case there is a gap or unforeseen issue that needs to be addressed.
- Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years in a project management role for high production, high performing teams that consist of inter-departmental roles such as software, design, product development, and business operations.
- 5+ years in a project/program management role focused on delivery of a new company program or highly.
- Scrum Master or Agile Training.
- Self starter mentality and strong resolve when met with challenges via a project, a program, and personnel.
- 2+ years in an acting Scrum Master role, or leading an Agile team.
- Proven ability to guide a software development team.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate to varying levels of management via presentations,
scheduled updates, and ad hoc communication requests.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and implement methods to help teams perform efficiently.
- Proven ability to manage teams, mostly through influence, and thrives in a high paced dynamic environment.
- JIRA administration and tool (Structure, boards, etc) experience.
- Git experience.
- Experience with Slack, Slack Integrations, PagerDuty, and other communication, reporting, and productivity tools.
- Project Management Certification such as CSM, PMP, CAPM, and SixSigma.
- Experience in process improvement implementations.
- Confluence administration experience.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!