As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
As the Recruiter for the Product, Design and Technology organization you will lead the recruiting process from source to close for open roles in those areas of Vox Media. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience creating full life-cycle recruiting processes and building technical teams in high growth organizations. This position will report to the Senior Recruiter and work closely with the Product, Design and Technology leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Strategically source and build pipelines for all roles in Product, Design and Technology including engineers, product and project managers, designers, etc.
- Create and execute a full life-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers and leadership to understand their needs and build a strategic team together.
- Leverage internal tools and your network to source a creative and diverse talent pool.
- Help sustain and improve Vox Media’s candidate experience.
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, and fill the highest priority needs for the company.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, leadership and HR Business Partners to understand hiring needs; clearly map out hiring strategies and manage expectations throughout the process.
- Track and report metrics.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong desire to work at Vox Media and familiarity with at least one of our networks.
- Experience recruiting for an organization in the product or tech space.
- 3+ years experience recruiting top tier talent using diverse and creative sourcing methods with a focus on diversifying the candidate pipeline.
- Successful full lifecycle technical recruiting experience.
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices specific to engineering, product, and design roles.
- Proven success delivering customer service through relationship building and understanding of the business.
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System (i.e. Greenhouse).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, informal team-based environment.
- Experience creating and improving upon a great candidate experience.
- Ability to sell, negotiate, and close.
- Attention to detail.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with Greenhouse.
- Experience in both corporate and start-up environments.
- Experience at a consumer products or SaaS company.
- Experience recruiting for design-focused roles (both technical and non-technical).
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.