We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you get a strong sense of satisfaction when you make a hire and know that you’ve found the right fit for the right role? Can you build strong relationships with both candidates and hiring managers, learning to speak the language of technical roles? Have you found that you’ve got a flair for balancing multiple priorities while finding new and efficient ways to do things? Does the idea of making a direct contribution to the growth of a fast-growing, innovative company get you excited?
As a Technical Recruiter at Thinkific, you’ll quickly become an expert at finding creative ways to source exceptional talent mainly for our Product Team—Engineering, Product Design, Product Management, and Product leadership roles—while selling them on an award-winning company that truly cares about its people. Working closely with our People and Culture team alongside other Talent Acquisition Specialists, you’ll work cross-departmentally to ensure we’re seeking out the best matches for our roles based equally on skills and values fit as we continue to scale up our team following our #ThinkificIPO.
In this role, you will:
- Execute all stages of the recruitment life cycle: partnering with our hiring leads to deeply understand their requirements, crafting attractive job descriptions, attracting A-player candidates, preparing all offers of employment, completing reference checks, and negotiating and presenting offers to successful candidates
- Lead and drive the interviews for all levels within the R&D team
- Proactively source and prospect candidates through available tools (like LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem, Github) to develop qualified candidate leads for Thinkific
- Manage the active candidate pipeline—you’ll do your own coordinating and handle all communications with all candidates directly within your owned roles
- Build out our future co-op/internship program, establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with bootcamps and universities and working with our technical hiring leads to attract and select the top recruits
- Coach our other Talent Acquisition team members and hiring team leads on internal best practices and sharing expert knowledge gained through prior experience
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a natural ability to communicate with others and be a people person! As an empathic who cares about building genuine relationships, you find it easy to make a phone call or dive into a crowd and strike up a meaningful conversation with a potential team member—but can equally step up when you have to write a thoughtful rejection email
- Have 3+ years of experience in a full-cycle recruitment role hiring teams at scale, with at least 1 year of in-house experience in tech
- Think on your feet and be adaptable—you don’t mind switching gears if plans suddenly change
- Be hyper-organized and almost never let the little things slip by you. You can play calendar tetris in your sleep, live by checklists and never forget a stand-out candidate’s name
- Do your best work when you’re given some autonomy—you enjoy being given a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it
- Go to bat for your teammates and have never said, “that’s not my job” when asked for help by others.
- Be driven to provide nothing less than an amazing candidate experience—you have proven this in past roles by going above and beyond to ensure they leave happy, regardless of the final outcome
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Possess the ability to persuade like no other—you know that selling the job and company to a candidate will be key when it comes to finding success in a recruitment role
- Have a knack for framing your opinions diplomatically (but you’re not afraid to speak your mind on topics you care about)
- Exhibit an above-average technical aptitude and a strong understanding of relevant roles in the tech industry and the latest recruitment methods
- Can grasp new tools and systems quickly—we use Greenhouse as our ATS, BambooHR as our HRIS, Slack for communication and coordination, and track our tasks and projects in Asana
- Resonate strongly with all of our core values:
- Be fanatical about customer success
- Be helpful
- Passionately debate
- Choose ethics and integrity
- Strive for equality
- Give a shit
- Succeed together
- Find it easy to strike a balance between taking your work seriously and having a sense of humour—you feel that the traditional view people have of “HR” needs to change and think it’s important to have fun at work!
Bonus points if you:
Are familiar with Topgrading and have a proven record of hiring a high percentage of “A players” (check out Who: The A Player Method for Hiring if you want a good summary)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!