Hi, I’m Symone, Recruiting Manager at Customer.io!
We’re looking for our first Technical Sourcer to help us build a talent pipeline. Over the next year, we’re looking to expand our globally distributed fully-remote team into new areas of expertise, new timezones, and new technical challenges. This is a new role for the team, so we want someone excited to build a sourcing strategy and try new things!
As a Technical Sourcer at Customer.io, you are the first person our future team members encounter. You’re putting a face to our company, and making a memorable first impression through outreach and network building. By fostering inclusive strategies, building a diverse pipeline for future openings, and partnering with recruiters and hiring managers through the hiring process; you’ll be a key component to growing our company!
As a Technical Sourcer, you will…
- Work closely with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to clearly comprehend technical requirements of the role, as well as value add to the team.
- Proactively build talent pipelines through referral generation, Boolean sourcing, and your own creative ideas!
- Collaborate with our Employer Branding team to help build brand ambassador and alumni resources.
- Locate and engage passive candidates through the use of Linkedin, social media, and a variety of different channels.
- Screen resumes and have informational interviews with candidates to determine technical fit.
- Track pipeline activity to optimize your sourcing strategy and to share insights with the team.
- Recommend creative and results-oriented ideas to potentially impact pipeline.
- Work on other non-technical roles as needed.
- Participate in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work, and use this lens to drive improvements to our recruiting and hiring process.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Sourced candidates from all over the world and all different timezones.
- Sourced for a variety of technical roles such as: Mobile Engineer, Senior Product Designer, Solutions Architect.
- Experience and a passion for sourcing within underrepresented and diverse groups.
- Developed and maintained multiple strategies resulting in the engagement of passive candidates.
- Technical industry knowledge and general comprehension of relevant technical skills, companies, communities, and additional sources.
- Available to collaborate with US Pacific Timezone for at least 4 hours each day.
Ideally, but not required, you..
- Have experience in SaaS or similar startup.
- Naturally curious – you enjoy research and asking questions to get a better understanding
- A good communicator – you believe outstanding written and verbal communication is key
- Metrics-driven – you utilize data to help drive decisions and measure success
- Adaptable – you like to try new things and are open to feedback
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,500 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $80,000 – $85,000 USD depending on experience and subject to local market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we are planning for our Spring 2022 retreat to be in Athens, Greece!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 9am PT on January 3rd and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us your favorite sourcing method. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by January 10th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Natalie, Technical Recruiter
- 45 minute video call with me (Symone – your future manager!)
- Take Home Assignment + 45 minute video call with two potential team members
- Final Interview with Sonja, VP of Operations