Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Technical Support Engineer ensures that Jama Software’s customers have a great experience with our product. They engage with existing and prospective customers in both our cloud and self-hosted implementations. Jama helps innovators succeed, and we support them with product challenges and questions. The TSE uses logic, problem-solving, and data to quickly get to the root of the problem and provides solutions to our customers. This role can be remote from Hungary, Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, or United Kingdom.
What You’ll Do:
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm local time
- Will participate in an on-call rotation
- Provide functional support for JamaConnect to customers, Jama partners, and Jama employees through Zendesk, chat, and screen shares
- Support self-hosted customers with new installations and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot self-hosted installations and upgrades when they go awry
- Work closely with customers to identify, reproduce and log defects.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation
- Attend training sessions to keep up to date on Jama’s evolving features and supported environment changes
What You’ll Bring:
- 1+ years of experience in a customer-facing front-line technical support role with experience handling high volume and urgent issues (e.g., Call Center, Help Desk, Product Support).
- Familiar with REST APIs
- Customer centric with a focus on building customer relationships
- Strong communication in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Technical background in at least one of the following and familiarity with the others:
- Self-hosted installations and upgrades on Linux systems
- Troubleshoot software installations and upgrades on Linux systems
- Ability to set up, navigate, fix, and write basic SQL database queries
- Familiar with network troubleshooting, working with SSL and proxy servers
- Configuring Single-Sign-On solutions (LDAP, AD, SAML, Auth0)
Nice to Have
- Computer Science degree preferred. Classes towards a degree in CS, code school certificate, or equivalent professional experience considered.
Perks and Benefits:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and hard-working leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.