Please note that the role requires working in the Central time zone, business hours and sometimes being on-call in the evening.
About the role
We are currently looking for a passionate Cloud Support Engineer who will be a motivated and influential addition to the team to take part in our continued success and growth. The successful candidate will also be an energetic self-starter with a passion for engaging our customers and ensuring that they have a great experience. He/she will be results-driven, ambitious and enthusiastic about making an impact within our start-up.
- Providing amazing customer service and technical support with your team
- Working directly with Ops & Engineering for high priority, on-call situations on a rotating schedule
- Taking ownership of customer issues, managing customer expectations, and seeing those customer issues through to resolution
- Developing a deep understanding of the Mezmo platform and how our customers use it on a day-to-day basis
- Provisioning & maintaining testing environments for the support organization
- Writing & maintaining awesome documentation as well as developing playbooks/runbooks
- Working very closely with our engineering, operations, pipeline, release and product teams to discover, triage, and solve complex technical problems
- 1+ years of experience either in systems engineering, system administration, DevOps, Site Reliability or another highly technical customer engaging role
- Basic systems background in Linux, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and/or Ubuntu
- Basic experience in at least one of the following: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, IBM Cloud
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems
- Strong aptitude for deep technical root cause testing and analysis
- Basic programming or scripting knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with both internal teams and third parties
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with difficult customer situations
- Love working in a fast paced startup environment with team-oriented goals
- Love solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Self-starter with a “Get stuff done” attitude and an appetite for learning
- Experience with logging applications
- Experience with incident management
- Experience with containerized deployment
- Experience with Kubernetes
Mezmo is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
Mezmo has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at Mezmo
At Mezmo, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable Mezmo’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At Mezmo, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.