Technical Support Specialist
As a Technical Support Specialist at Weedmaps, you will be responsible for ensuring that our end users are able to successfully utilize all aspects of our platform with a focus on Tier 2 support requests for our technical services and products like API integration, Point of Sale, etc. Your passion for mastering technical products and solving engineering related client issues is only matched by your ability to provide world class service to our clients. You will execute these critical responsibilities while partnering cross functionally with Sales, Engineering, Product, and Marketing to ensure the health of our client experience and technical products. Through these partnerships, you will solve technical issues by investigating, diagnosing, and resolving whatever bugs or feature issues are reported by B2B customers and the Sales and Support team.
Our team provides 24/7 support, so you must be willing to work a rotating shift and flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
The impact you’ll make:
- Field and efficiently diagnose customer reported Tier 2 technical, pre- and post-sales issues.
- Provide clear, professional, & friendly communications to both end users and internal Weedmaps partners throughout the troubleshooting process until resolution.
- Efficiently escalate issues internally in the event the issue cannot be resolved via normal Tier 2 troubleshooting steps.
- Partner with our Engineering and Product teams to identify, collect, and share product feedback to improve customer experience.
- Serve as a customer advocate internally to ensure that product expectations are not only met, but exceeded, in a timely manner.
- Provide detailed, shared notes on each customer interaction to ensure that all issue related information is up to date and useful for future reference.
- Identify and develop process improvement opportunities to impact client facing interaction and support for our technical product offering.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years experience in technical customer service/support role
- Experience with integrations technical support
- Experience with Tier-2 software and/or hardware support
- High level of interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Efficient organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Capable of quickly adapting to new responsibilities and meeting new expectations in a rapidly growing company and industry
- Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment and problem solving skills
- Extremely positive attitude and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience working in a start-up technical support environment
- A passion for the cannabis industry and the desire to develop the culture
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira, or other ticketing systems
- Experience with Gmail & Google Suite
- Experience writing internal and customer-facing documentation
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!