Where A-Players Thrive.
We’re an employee-owned, vertically-integrated builder of some of America’s most popular health & wellness brands. With over 1,200 team members dedicated to improving the lives of people and their pets, we create best-in-class products that bring health and happiness. Our creative content educates the world on making smarter health choices, while the brands we own generate over $1 billion of revenue annually.
We’re Looking For A: Territory Sales Manager who is responsible for managing and growing the retail store base and Territory Key Account base within the assigned geographic area (TX, MN, OK, AR, and LA) based in Texas, with an emphasis on sales volume and acquiring new customers. This role is responsible for building strong relationships with distributor Sales Reps, educating store personnel, managing budgets, and ensuring successful retail execution of marketing programs and product launches.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Remote)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identify and acquire new stores within your assigned territory, using various sales tactics and strategies.
- Manage and grow Territory level Key Accounts (i.e.. small chains) through HQ relationships and joint business planning
- Build and maintain strong distribution and store level relationships, providing excellent service and support.
- Meet and exceed sales targets, manage trade spend and travel budget and drive product adoption.
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts and reports to the sales management team.
- Continuously monitor and adapt to, and report back on, market trends and competitive activity within your territory.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless order fulfillment and client satisfaction.
- Ensure flawless execution of new product launches, promotions and marketing programs
- Attend industry events, including distributor and retailer shows, to represent the brands and expand your network and stay updated on industry trends.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Golden Hippo pet brands, the independent pet channel and the pet industry on the whole.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Thorough understanding of the pet industry, including pet distributors and retailers, and how they operate.
- Knowledge of sales management within the retail channel, including market dynamics and strategies.
- Ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key accounts.
- Curiosity and commitment to ongoing growth, staying updated on industry trends, and uncovering new opportunities.
- Capable of strategic planning to maximize sales within the designated territory.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Detail-oriented with exceptional follow-through skills to ensure tasks are completed accurately.
- In-depth understanding how regional chains operate and collaborating with Headquarters personnel.
- Flexible and adaptable to changes, particularly in launching new brands and products, and adjusting strategies and tactics accordingly.
- 3 years of experience in the pet industry selling to retailers at store level.
- 3 years of experience selling through distributor sales reps.
- 5 years of experience selling through distributor sales reps. 5 years of experience in the pet industry selling to retailers at store level preferred.
- Approximately 75% travel required.
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $70,000-$85,000 plus annual bonus potential of 20% at target.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.
*The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never text you, send you checks, or ask you to disclose personal financial details. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at email@example.com to verify its validity.*