We are ThinkShout, a Portland-grown, certified B Corp. We build beautiful solutions for the organizations that inspire us. Our work includes exceptional web development, design, UX and strategy.
Senior Front-End Developers translate design systems into elegant, performant and accessible sites. They focus largely on WordPress and Drupal. And they collaborate with technical architects, designers, project managers, and our clients.
Our culture encourages growth, doing the right thing, and innovating through experimentation. This is a place where you’ll find a listening ear for your ideas, and support to bring them to life.
We work primarily nonprofits, so your work will have a significant impact locally, nationally and around the world. You can go home at the end of the day knowing you used your energy and skills for something you can be proud of.
Check out what some members of our Dev team have to say: http://bit.ly/TSdevteam
- Drupal, WordPress, or a similar CMS
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience building complex websites with consistent design systems
- Experience working directly with clients or stakeholders
- Experience working on the frontend of a complex CMS
- Familiarity with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (2.1)
- Ability to come up with practical technical solutions to real-world problems
- An eye for nuance and consistency
- Interest in improving your skills and those of your colleagues
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Writing front-end code for large Drupal and WordPress sites
- Collaborating with Technical Architects to establish and maintain our projects’ front-end systems
- Spec’ing tasks for other developers
- Participating in code reviews and providing mentorship to other developers
- Identifying new technologies and development practices
- Potential growth areas in this job include: progress toward the Technical Architect role, process improvement, developer management.
The Fine Print
Our home office is in Portland, OR. Due to COVID-19, our office will remain closed at least through early Summer 2021 and our entire team is working remotely. We welcome applications from candidates across the country. About 20% of us are full-time remote and we welcome more full-time remote employees. We work hard to maintain 40hr work weeks, and we’re committed to supporting flexible schedules.
The salary band for this position is $85-115k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 32 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years with the company
- Professional development funds
- Good management support and a well thought-out yearly review process.
- 4 hours of experimentation time per week.
ThinkShout is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A diverse workplace strengthens the work of all employees, ensures that the organization has the strongest staff possible, and enables all employees to collectively and more completely pursue the fulfillment of our mission, vision, and values. ThinkShout is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Please submit a resume (no more than 2 pages) in PDF format and if applicable, include links to your online presence, portfolio, or personal website. We request that you do not submit a cover letter. In its place, we have a few questions for you to answer in the job application. These questions help us learn more about you and are an integral component of the interview process.
If you are selected to move forward, here’s what you can expect:
- Upon scheduling for Round 1, we will request some of your existing code for us to review
- Round 1 is a 25-minute screening call
- Round 2 is a 45-minute interview with 2 people from the development team.
- Round 3 is a 55-min panel interview with representatives from different departments of the company
We are looking to fill this position for a June start date.
Please note that candidates must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com