WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Training team at ActBlue works to grow ActBlue’s reach and optimize tool use by building out strategic partnerships, targeting priority spaces and building out accessible training programs and modules. The Assistant will provide administrative support to the Director and the Training team keeping all projects, schedules and training on track. The Assistant will be assigned to specific projects as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Help track information and collect data that work to gauge progress to goals;
- Day of training logistic support;
- Own the training team email queue;
- Lead on collecting and organizing training requests;
- External communication with training attendees;
- Assist the Training Associate with logistic and operational tasks;
- Provide administrative support to team projects; provide support as needed for team and individual meetings, including, but not limited to, scheduling and logistical support;
- Help write memos, prepare power points and prepare other reports as needed;
- Work collaboratively with other assistants across teams and departments;
- Support and/or manage the Training Director’s work schedule to ensure adequate time is allocated for meeting key priorities.
- Perform other administrative projects and specific duties as requested;
- As training moves from offline to in-person travel will be expected of this position.
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) as required;
- Other tasks as necessary.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 0-2 years working in a professional environment;
- Experience working in a fast paced, problem solving role preferred;
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by being part of a team effort that pushes forward ActBlue’s goals and mission;
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communications skill set;
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and fidelity in following up on identified next steps;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is preferred.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $50,000-60,000 based on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.