Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Treasury Manager – Cash Management, joining our Treasury team.
At Remote, the Treasury team has a large impact across the company, and you have an opportunity to help build Remote’s global treasury infrastructure to promote efficiency and scale. You will be asked to develop and implement innovative solutions for our growing organization. A successful candidate will have the ability to balance competing priorities, an attention to detail, and a growth mindset. Knowledge of Treasury systems, process flows, and control structure are critical skill sets to transform the treasury roadmap into reality.
Because this role will be heavily involved in key initiatives such as in-house banking, intercompany payment netting and global cash visibility; influence and change management will play an important part in this journey. Communication and collaboration are essential because our team regularly interfaces with cross functional business partners to execute on both the day-to-day activities and the long-term projects, all while being 100% remote!
This is an amazing opportunity to join a quickly developing team and make an immediate impact to the business.
- 7+ years Treasury experience with focus on cash management
- Knowledge and experience with financial planning and analysis, liquidity/cash management, foreign exchange, debt and equity capital markets, or accounting
- Keen ability to make timely calculated, risk-based solutions to support the immediate operational needs of the business while layering on longer-term scalable growth
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength of yours
- Motivation and initiative to take ownership of project from discovery to resolutions, set aggressive business goals, drive results, and meet tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, including an ability to both listen and articulate complex concepts to different audiences, resulting in action-oriented outcomes
- Experience delivering cross functional projects
- Experience in a high-growth start-up or large multi-national preferred
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Develop, implement and maintain bank account structures and controls
- Oversee daily cash operations processes, and create standardized activity reporting on a consolidated and country-level basis
- Manage our global intercompany lending program
- Collaborate across multiple teams including Product, Engineering, Finance, and Tax
- Effectively partner with external relationship banks, consultants and advisors to successfully execute treasury operations and strategy
- Streamline and implement new payments processes
- Utilize and build process within our treasury management system
- Identify and implement software solutions to drive efficient operations and reporting
- Create and maintain short, medium, and long-term cash forecasts to support liquidity analysis and investment strategy
- Serve as process owner and subject matter expert on various global treasury processes and services. This role will develop solutions to optimize and scale treasury operations.
- Drive the design and implementation of a process roadmap for cash management.
- Design reporting to track performance of treasury metrics and banking partner SLA’s.
- Bring serious analytical horsepower to ad-hoc analyses
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Director, Treasury
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference emails
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you