BDG Media is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our product and engineering team who are building and maintaining a world class publishing product that empowers writers and journalists to reach an incredibly large audience, and to play a role in how that audience interacts with the information presented to them across our entire portfolio which includes some of the most iconic media brands in the world.
You will be working closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products and to shape experiences that are modern, clear, responsive and beautiful. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for the entire BDG portfolio.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product to quickly iterate and design consumer-facing features that translate to engaging experiences for both web and mobile.
- Identify and track success metrics and ensure that design solutions are measurable.
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership and defend your design decisions, and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
- Actively incorporate feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design and work closely with customer feedback and internal stakeholders to gather the information.
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, or similar design tools.
- Expertise in UI, UX, and visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design.
- Mastery of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns.
- Strong understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- You are resourceful, a self-starter, and you’re able to make things happen under pressure.
- You are passionate about delivering outstanding experiences for our customers and team.
- Detail-oriented and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect.
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Love working with engineers and designers.
- Passion for building products that are beautiful outside and inside – from their user experience to their robust and elegant design.
- Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues across various levels of seniority.
- Don’t meet these requirements? We encourage you to apply regardless. All exceptional candidates will be considered.
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.