We’re searching for a thoughtful, results-driven design leader to join our Governance Pillar, as part of the broader Product Platform UX org. You’ll be embedded on a product team, as well as mentoring, coaching and managing a team of product designers, partnering with Product Management and Engineering leadership to make the most impactful design decisions to help customers reach their goals. We value leaders who are decisive, yet empathetic and supportive coaches. This leader should also have the ability to communicate and influence a large dynamic organization to help bring the team’s ideas to the world.
HubSpot is at a unique point in our company and product growth where our product success offers stability yet our UX Leadership team is invited to take part in career defining work and is uniquely positioned to contribute to the Company’s goals and direction.
HOW DO WE DESIGN? Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System Article
WHAT TYPES OF PROBLEMS WILL YOU WORK ON?
As part of the Governance team, you will be able to help all our customers get the most value out of HubSpot. We’re helping Millions of Organizations Grow Better, and we do so by helping customers easily prevent, reduce, and address risk in their accounts so that they can scale.
You will be working on horizontal projects such as HubSpot’s Global Data Privacy, Admin Governance, and Approvals. You will also be in the strategic position to influence the future of the Governance Pillar at HubSpot and the next objectives for the team.
DESIGN LEAD ROLE
Our Design Leads are embedded in Product teams and manage a small group of Designers, taking on a true Player/Coach role. Your goal will be to create simple and powerful experiences that enable our customers to be more successful, both for the team you are embedded on and through coaching product designers that you lead. This is an important role and has a serious, measurable business impact.
- As a manager of a small team, help set up and review work, as well as coach quality
- Be a thought partner in helping UX leadership expand organizational UX strategy and vision
- Work on design initiatives that impact bigger systems, multiple product teams, and new product opportunities
- As an experienced designer, you’ll move quickly, be flexible, and build strong and compelling journey scenarios, information architecture, interaction and visual designs
- Lead empathy sessions and design workshops to get buy in from your stakeholders and to educate them stakeholders on user problems and the design thinking process
- Build lasting relationships across the organization, partnering with your cross-product design team, engineering, product management, and the broader business
- Influence leadership and help them to understand the impact and vision of design
TOP CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience working closely with cross-functional leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for a group of designers
- Strong, demonstrable experience delivering successful and intuitive products – we value “consumer-grade” experience quality while solving enterprise problems
- A developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- A sixth sense for how to provide and encourage thoughtful feedback on designs as well as identify overlaps and efficiencies between team member’s projects
- Extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to designers
- Ability to deliver clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty
- Ability to build a team; know how to screen and interview new candidates for your team and other cross-functional teams across the organization
- Understanding of how to foster team health and bring a sense of mission to the group you lead and to the broader UX team. This includes being responsible for creating safe space for DI&B discussions, thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Experience working in B2B software, security, or governance space is a big plus.
About UX at HubSpot
Our UX team is a passionate and diverse group of more than 200 Product Designers, Content Designers, Researchers, and Design Ops folks who build consumer-grade experiences while solving enterprise-level problems. We’re set up to work as equal partners to our peers in Product Management and Engineering. And we design and deliver a crafted experience to our customers by setting a high bar on ease of use. We’re investing deeply in building whole and healthy UX teams across all of our disciplines so we can better solve problems for our customers.
We involve our customers in every step of our development process. And we strive to deliver a B2B product that’s just as easy to use as the best B2C products on the market. When our customers grow, we grow, too!
Want to know more about product design at HubSpot?
- What does a product designer do at HubSpot?
- The possibilities of “and” — prioritizing usability alongside feature growth
- By the people, for the people: keeping your design system evergreen
- See all HubSpot UX blog posts
One more thing you should know…
There’s a lot of research showing how marginalized groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% (or more!) of the qualifications. We also know that many UX folks come from backgrounds with different experiences that might not seem “standard”—and that’s okay! We really value people who bring unique perspectives and add new knowledge to our team.
But you might not feel like you “check all the boxes” as you read this job post. We get it. And we feel these things ourselves, too. But we hope you’ll apply anyway because we’ll take great care in working with you. 🧡
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.