Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
UXR at WeTransfer
We’re interested in the weird and wonderful ways that creative minds work, and how they shape the world around us. Understanding their workflow front to back, exploring the experience from the user’s point of view (as well as our own) is at the heart of what we do. The user experience has become the foundation for our brand, and the way we look ahead, imagining new ways to enable people to do their best work.
UXR is part of the WeTransfer Product team. This team is responsible for building on the success of our widely beloved file delivery service used by hundreds of millions of people each year. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting stage of new development as we build the next evolution of our service.
As the team’s manager, you’ll ensure that our senior UX Researchers are working on those projects that have the highest impact: you’ll understand business needs, support them in their prioritization, and manage expectations between researchers and product management. Together with the team, you’ll be looking for that sweet spot between speed, agility, and quality.
What you’ll be working on (aka how you’ll have an impact on our team)
- You’ll be responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing a small team of UX Researchers that works cross-functionally using a mixed method approach to provide strategic data and insights.
- You’ll guide UX Researchers on the design, execution, and analysis of qualitative, light quantitative, and mixed-methods research studies (including interviews, surveys, concept testing, moderated and unmoderated usability studies).
- You’ll review and provide feedback on research study plans and research deliverables.
- You’ll advocate for and provide visibility to the team’s work, routinely sharing actionable, high-level findings from their research.
- You’ll ensure the team is working effectively with the respective cross-functional teams and stakeholders, mitigating or escalating issues, as appropriate.
- You’ll contribute to planning and allocation for our cross functional teams.
- You’ll be responsible for the maintenance and education of research tools, including our privacy and security policies, and access management.
- And last but not least, you’ll partner effectively with peer managers on other teams or in other departments—such as Product, Design, Product Management, Engineering, and Support.
What we are looking for
- You are an experienced UX Researcher with expertise in a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods, able to synthesize and translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering customer needs, company strategy, and product goals.
- You are an effective and empathetic people leader with a few years experience managing a small team of Senior UX Researchers (4 or more, and maybe even remotely)—you find mentoring rewarding and feel dedicated to helping a team develop their research skills and progress in their careers.
- You have experience working in consumer software products (bonus points for experience working at a company that serves creatives).
- You are able to easily adapt to meet changing timelines or priorities, and have great collaboration skills. Our researchers work with colleagues from all areas of the company.
- Your communication skills are your pride and joy. In-person and in writing—you can synthesize insights from multiple sources and persuasively communicate findings.
- Our users are based all around the world so international user research is a plus.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.