Four Kitchens is looking for a UX Strategist with experience in aligning client business systems, business plans, and business strategies while also being mindful of the customer perspective. As a UX Strategist with Four Kitchens, you will help shape, drive, and communicate the content strategy and design for web projects. You will work closely with business stakeholders and our design & development teams to outline plans, conduct user and stakeholder research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights.
As a Web Chef, you will first and foremost exemplify our Core Values . You will also exhibit a natural curiosity and a passion for making really cool stuff for the web. We expect our whole team to self-lead and prioritize as distributed team members—your frequent communication and participation in company culture will be key indicators of your engagement at Four Kitchens. Being a constant self-educator is essential, so advanced degrees are not a requirement for this role as we believe that experience and passion are more important.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace and building a diverse team. At our core, we believe deeply in diversity and inclusiveness as being fundamental parts of a healthy team. We aim to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. So, if you look at our team page and don’t see yourself, don’t shy away. Come work with us!
As a UX Strategist you will focus on…
- Identifying the key UX Strategy tasks that need to be done at each phase of our proven process
- Content strategy and information architecture:
- Perform content audits and content analysis
- Design, analyze, and improve taxonomy, navigation, and other information architecture structures
- User research and strategy:
- Run user research like interviews, usability tests, surveys, and card sorts
- Perform research through website analytics, using Google Analytics or similar tools
- Facilitate discovery workshops, document findings, and make recommendations
- Interaction design:
- Create interaction design artifacts like wireframes and prototypes
- Design user flows and task flows
- Engaging directly with clients to discuss and present research findings, strategies, and designs
- We are a small company, so you will likely wear many hats as a UX strategist. Some of these items may include:
- Contributing to proposals
- Pitching to potential new clients
You’re our next UX Strategist if…
- Experience creating information architecture
- Experience in driving user experience research and design
- Experience with a wide range of user research methods (interviews, surveys/questionnaires, card sorts, usability tests, etc).
- Experience running discovery or design workshops with clients.
- Experience with remote user research and testing tools.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it’s a closely-knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they’re thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you’ll join us!
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why! Candidates who do this are prioritized for initial interviews
- Share a link to a digital portfolio showcasing your UX work
Four Kitchens welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Four Kitchens is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.