HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role:
We were founded as a fully remote and distributed organization with a modern Cloud/SaaS footprint for our infrastructure and business systems requirements. The Technology Operations organization has responsibility across all internal systems (information, business and data), end user onboarding and productivity including endpoint management, network infrastructure and tooling. This organization reports into the Head of Engineering. It is a peer to and key partner with our Security and Compliance team and is responsible for implementing security and compliance controls.
We are looking for a leader who embodies modern practices and has an exceptionally strong foundation in engineering culture and process driven solutions. The leader must have demonstrated a high level of cross functional collaboration given the large number of stakeholders. This leader will have accountability to the Head of Finance on SOX compliance matters. Experience in the infrastructure/Cloud/SaaS domains is an absolute requirement.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Hire, manage, and lead a team of highly technical engineers to implement top notch solutions across the portfolio.
- Develop and continually improve automation, processes, procedures, activities, metrics and enabling technology for all components of the portfolio described above.
- Partner closely with all functional leaders to understand business objectives, and strategy, and then ensure effective delivery of services and systems that meet our objectives.
- Ensure that Public Company SOX Compliance Standards can be met.
- Influence and grow a strong engineering culture within the organization.
- Influence and grow a modern remote end user productivity solution.
- Develop a cohesive strategy across all our information and data systems, influence and partner to strengthen a data driven decisions culture.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in world-class technical organizations
- Built and managed a team of 50+ engineers
- Deep passion for modern infrastructure/Cloud/SaaS practices.
- Demonstrated track record of highly collaborative cross functional work
- Demonstrated track record of growth in complex organizations.
- Experience working in medium size companies (1000+ employees) that are growing and scaling rapidly
- Experience working in a fully remote organization is a bonus (pre-pandemic, structured remote)
- Security and compliance experience working with a CSO peer
- Deep understanding of risk management methodologies, frameworks, and principles (eg. with SOX) with the experience evaluating and recommending the best approach to mitigating risk with best in class controls.
- Strong focus on execution
- Domain experience in Cloud Infrastructure automation
- Cultural alignment with HashiCorp’s principles
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1