Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn’s system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below. 🌎
How we work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
Fresh from our Series-C fundraising, now is a very exciting time to join Remote and make an impact as Vice President of Sales – Americas as part of our global go-to-market organization.
Looking ahead, we have big aspirations for helping more employers from the US, Canada and Latin America tap into the benefits of enabling remote work. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, this position will be responsible for defining and implementing the sales strategies needed to supercharge customer acquisition, retention and expansion for our regional sales teams. More broadly, as a key member of the Sales leadership team, this role has a critical role to play in transforming go-to-market at Remote to enable and sustain our medium to long term growth objectives.
- 15+ years direct experience in Sales and 5+ years leading and motivating layered management teams
- Meaningful and consistent history of strong quota attainment and track record of success leading sales organizations across multiple groups and/or geographies
- Track record of growing a sales organization to +$100M revenue and experience leading at scale (100+ employees)
- Ability to design and execute a business plan to achieve revenue goals, determine growth strategy and align cross-functionally to drive company objectives
- Effective “zooming in and out”, comfortable working both strategically and tactically
- Deep knowledge and playbooks for customer acquisition, retention and expansion.
- Direct experience developing and executing distinct sales motions for SMB, MM and Enterprise segments
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Prior experience leading through a significant transformation program highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
- Prior experience with SaaS models highly preferred
- Experience working remotely considered a plus.
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Manage your regional sales organization to deliver outstanding growth outcomes for the business, reflected in strong and consistent quota attainment
- Develop sales strategy for the Americas in conjunction with the CRO, your colleagues in Sales leadership and key cross-functional partners including Customer Experience and Marketing
- Design and implement initiatives to accelerate new business generation, improve customer retention and drive expansion revenue
- Partner closely with the colleagues in Marketing and Sales Development to drive the inbound and outbound lead flow need to fuel new business and support regional growth objectives
- Collaborate with Finance and Sales Operations to design quota and compensation mechanics which motivate and drive exceptional sales outcomes
- Identify enhancements to processes, systems and tooling that will increase the efficiency and productivity of your sales teams. Work with key cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement your ideas
- Develop and refine the playbooks and sales motions needed to understand customer needs and demonstrate value
- Hire, develop and retain an exceptional sales leadership group
- Partner with the Enablement Team to design the education and training programs needed to improve core sales skills and enhance seller effectiveness
- Collaborate closely with the product team to provide customer insights which shape current and future offerings
- Plan accurate and scalable forecasting across both short and long sales cycles
- Engage directly with strategic accounts to support high quality customer experiences and close customer partnerships
- You’ll report to: Chris McNamara, CRO
- Team: Sales
- Location: Americas
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Chris McNamara, CRO
- Panel interview (case study)
- Cross-functional partner Interviews
- VP of Marketing / Growth
- VP of Customer Experience
- VP of Finance
- VP of People
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $389,000 – $473,850. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!